? asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 10 years ago

can the people on Nanjing forget the assault by Japan? Why?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They probably will. Mongols were just as bad or worse. Chinese forgot about them. I've read in history book that in China during Yuan dynasty, Mongols enslaved Han tribe and made Han tribe female obtain permission to marry. To obtain this permission, bride had to lose virginity to a Mongol warrior. That's totally wrong. Mongols were very racist. Did Chinese wipe them out during Ming dynasty? no. Mongols were very lowly populated. Once they lost their empire, they could have been wiped out and they are still existing on earth.

Emperor Akihito visited Nanjing and not one person threw a tomato, egg, or a rock(food is precious in China so you can imagine throwing a rock). I know, Chinese government forbade people of Nanjing to not insult the emperor but I mean wouldn't it be normal if somebody did throw something at emperor for the massacre in Nanjing?

My point is not that Chinese should not forget or should forget. Society is always being challenged with new issues brought up it's very hard to keep up with history and all.

Source(s): google and wikipedia
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Sure, why not? China has already conveniently forgotten the 70 million people who died at the hands of Mao. The government's "us against them " strategy depends on keeping China angry at various foreign countries so that its citizens will not focus on its own government's many shortcomings and checkered past.

There is nothing to forget about China's dominant role in the torture and murder of 1.5 million Cambodians which China is guilty of and was farr more horrendous than anything the Japanese did on Chinese soil. That is because China never told its own citizens of its complicity in these killings.

• 10 years ago

Such a vicious atrocity should never be forgotten: Those who do not remember history are condemned to repeat it.

I should point out, however, that neither the militaristic culture nor 99.999% of those people responsible for the atrocity exist anymore. Blame should not be placed on those not even born when the event occurred.

• 4 years ago

Well the USA does, the statistics say so, and it's also a much larger country with areas where crime is very high.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Should Jews forget about the Nazi Holocaust? Should they forget about the 6 million Jews murdered by Nazis?

Should Americans forget about Pearl Harbor? The Japanese sneak attack that killed 3,000 Americans and dragged America into World War II?

Should Americans forget about 9-11? Forget about the 2,900 Americans killed by Al Qaeda?

Chinese people will NEVER forget the Japanese invasion and murder of over 10 million Chinese! The Massacre of Nanjing, in which 300,000 helpless civilians were murdered by Japanese troops, will always be remembered.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Well, We won't forget 911 will we.

• 10 years ago

No retaliation doesn't means fogetting.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

yes.......

what, you think? is a very stupid question. NO, of course!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

chinese never forget and forgive..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.