Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 1 decade ago

Madrid or Prague for Semester?

Which one would be best for a college student to study abroad in? Which one is the most fun and has a great culture? I can take classes in both so that's not really an issue. Both seem amazing. I want to travel around Europe during the semester. I'm attracted to the beauty of Prague, but Madrid seems to be cool and have nice nightlife and I'm attracted to the Spanish culture.

Both have classes offered in English. I have a little knowledge of Spanish, but I'm not majoring or minoring in it.

Favorite Answer

Prague is a romantic city and people are very nice! It's not that big and I can imagine that one can feel at home right away. Madrid is nice too, especially if you like to party. Prague is cheaper than Madrid though, so if you are on a budget, I'd recommend Prague.

• zafir

Do you speak either Spanish or Czech? A knowledge of the language is important if you're studying for a semester as very few university classes in Europe are taught in English, and you will be expected to have a working knowledge of the language of the country you're in.