Should I add this guy on Facebook? Do you think he even knows my name?

I started high school this year (yay!) and in my English class there's a sophomore boy that I kind of think is cute :P he seems to stare and stuff, but I don't know if he even knows my name or anything. I want to add him on Facebook, but like I said, he's a year older than me, and I don't know if he even knows who I am yet. Should I wait awhile to talk to him and stuff first?

I mean, he has people added that are younger than him. And my little sister knows his little sister. But I don't know. Should I? Shouldn't I?

Opinons?

Favorite Answer

Adding people to facebook who aren't really your friends that you don't know can get your facebook clogged with people you don't even know. But that is for another discussion. This is just one person you are adding and indeed it may lead to a friendship. There's nothing wrong with adding your classmates I guess and you can always remove friends you don't talk to or anything later on.

My first thoughts are you should get to know someone first before adding them on facebook, but I suppose it's possible to add someone on facebook first and see what happens too. It's risky though, if you just add him and nobody else in your class when you've not even communicated with him, it's bound to freak him out a little or get him shaky or nervous or some kind of reaction that will make it difficult for you. May be safer to talk to him first in some kind of friendly manner.

Someone who is in your class should know who you are really. I knew the names of everyone in all my classes pretty much at every school I've been to, in just the first week.

ok my guess is.... he secretly has a weigh down on you yet did no longer wanna come off as some on line creep. so he made an excuse asserting like oh because of the fact we've mutual acquaintances! now he's goin to have interplay with u and feeling so excited!

why don't you just talk to him ? Facebook is so impersonal, plus of that, he might see stuff on you that he might not like and judge you without knowing you.

Your best bet is to approach him and start conversation, and if all goes well, invite him for something to drink in a public place to get to know him better.

Go for it! Like everyone else said, Facebook is highly impersonal and casual. People add people they don't even know. By the way, he probably does know your name, or at least knows who you are. When he sees your name and your pic, he'll recognize you. :)

He might even get to know you better, and it will be an excuse to talk to him.

Good luck!!!

why not add him? Facebook is a social networking site. it's very casual and even if it's just, "hey, you're in my english class" it's a step you can take to getting closer to him. I'd say go for it and good luck. :)

• Harbi

I don't think it's a good idea to add him without getting to know him first. at least u have to talk first then u can take it from there.

Well I have this policy on Facebook where I don't add people unless they're "worthy" enough.

I say you talk to him first. If he likes you, he'll find a way to get to you

I think you should know him on a physical plane before anything on the internet.He sounds like a player.

Source(s): Life

It's not like adding someone on Facebook is a big deal... So yes, go for it. Then maybe you can progress to speaking to him.

• UGLY<3

Just add him. he wont think anything of it unless he denies you . after adding him, start talking to him in class im sure he wont mind.