? asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 1 decade ago

Study Abroad In College?

My goal is to study abroad as often as possible in college, so I have several questions for somebody who has experienced this.

-Is there a limit on how many times you can go abroad?

-Since you won't be staying in a dorm, do you still need to pay for room and board, or do you JUST pay the tuition at your home university? (I'd be staying with host families... not on a campus...)

-Generally, how much does it cost? I mean, I know you still need to pay tuition (just at your home university, correct?) as well as a plane ticket and visa and small fees... but what else is there?

If it helps, I plan on going to Minnesota State University - Mankato.

Favorite Answer

MSU - Mankato has three study abroad programs. These are its partner universities worldwide:

http://www.mnsu.edu/studyabroad/student/exchange/

Q2 & 3: The answer depends on the study abroad program you have chosen. Different programs have different costings. Some universities may not have host families and may require you to stay on campus/boarding. Generally host families are for students under the legal age. Other costs would include application fees and additional money in your bank account to fund your studies.

The .pdf document is a step by step that will guide you through the study abroad program:

http://www.mnsu.edu/studyabroad/studioabroad_proce...

Good luck.

Dartmouth tuition has a form of research overseas chances. It's the Ivy League university with virtually probably the most quantity of pupils to achieve skills of international (60.nine% of its student frame research international). We have now programs in Morocco, China, Japan, New Zealand, Italy, Costa Rica, Thailand, Greece, ireland, the uk, Trinidad, South Africa, France, Czech Republic, Germany, Brazil, Russia, Argentina, Spain, Mexico, Denmark, and a form of alternate applications inside the U.S. Q4, I went on a international research program to Beijing with a group of 20 different scholars. The well factor approximately Dartmouth's international learn methods is that the university arranges the whole thing. For every application, they send a professor with the employees of pupils and based the position you're going to stay, plan your curriculum, and plan the whole trips so you don't ought to fear approximately making plans. All you will have acquired to do is get a visa and a passport and the entire lot else is looked after for you.