promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Buy or Sell: Kerry King is a weak guitarist?

I feel as if he can do a good rhythm but his solos are weak and just mindless shredding without being that great at it. anyone else feel this way?

BQ: Testament > Anthrax?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Buy.

Jeff does all the musical Heavy lifting.. and even then.. what have they really done that was particularly amazing in the last 20 years? I feel that while King and Hanneman at one point laid out some solid riffs and the occasional noteworthy lead, the only real "great" musician in Slayer has long been Dave Lombardo on the skins.

Kerry has been getting by on "Angel of Death" and his spikey little bracelet for far too long, IMO.

BQ- Buy, in spades. Anthrazx was always the red-headed stepchild, and would probably not even be part of the "Big 4" if it weren't for timing. Exodus, Testament, Forbidden, Annihilator, Sacred Reich, Kreator, Sodom, Dark Angel, etc.. all far superior to Anthrax, who IMO, only released 2 noteworthy albums.. those being "Among the Living" and "Persistence of Time". They were the first of the Big 4 to fade away fro a reason.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Kerry King is okay... He isn't terrible, but his solos are just random notes and whammy, which is stupid, because as a guitarist like myself, I actually like to listen to the notes, and not random "daDADAdaDAdaDADA*DA*" whammy crap.

And Testament owns Anthrax. Anthrax shouldn't even be in the Big Four, if you ask me, Their guitarist is weak and their songs are mediocre.

• 10 years ago

He's definitely weak. His solos are just random notes thrown together.

BA: I like Anthraxm but Testament are better IMO.

• 10 years ago

Haha, I partially agree. But he does crank out quite some pretty good 'uns. But I guess the point is kind of to do with the mindlessness. Just pure brutal power. Any type of consciousness clonked out. If your get my gist.

BQ: That's difficult.... Anthrax. For me, they win out on comic value. :D

Source(s): opinion/observation
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

BUY!He is the only reason why Slayer is not the second best Thrash Metal band.

BQ:Sell.

• Joe B
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Buy. You gave the exact reasons.

BQ: Sell

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Meh, he knows how to play I'll give him that but on the other hand he lacks structure, so buy.

BQ: Buy

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

he's become a millionaire by making music........... i would say he is good. solos don't dictate how good you are. btw i believe he is the rhythm guitarist anyways. i think hanneman is lead.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.