Is there any cure for essential tremor?

I can't lift anything heavy without my arms shaking like I'm having a seizure. And I can't hold anything still. Are there any surgeries or medications I can take?

Favorite Answer

You need to get checked by a doctor, preferably a neurologist. Tremors have a number of causes and treatments. There are several medications and supplements that can help.

Muscle weakness has been associated with a deficiency of vitamin D. some surveys suggest that as much as 75% of Americans are deficient in vitamin D.

The suggested dose is 5,000 to 10,000 IU per day of vitamin D3.

If you are diagnosed with ET,.. A very common medicine to try is propanolol (Inderal).. which is a beta blocker. It is a somewhat older anti-hypertensive agent that has helped some with ET.

There is no cure as of yet.

• Frank

Try doing some weight training.

And make sure you are eating enough. If your body does not have enough food available, the reactions that are triggered to get glucose will cause you to shake.