strpenta asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Conservatives, are you scared?

Christine O'Donnell said Democrats were attacking her financial record b/c they are scared.

As a liberal, yes, I do find it quite unsettling that a dimwit like her could get enough votes for anything

I know it's only one example but I am also vaguely aware that some other TPs have received enough votes to be the representatives of the Republican party.

However, I would think a sane person who has a conservative bias would find such a 'candidate' to represent Republicans as horrifying. Your thoughts?

Gee, Rebop, I'm overwhelmed at all these 'facts' that have been presented.

As far as calling her a dimwit, I've seen her before and find her to be intellectually vacant. I have yet to hear her say anything worth-while.

Oh, BTW, what politician has not said their financial record was being attacked b/c the other side was 'scared'. That was obviously not the point.

The point is whether REAL conservatives, not Republicans who will vote for whatever fool is trained to SAY the right things as long as they say they are R's' are worried about what's happening.

What is bankruptcy to you people? Dubya put us into trillions of dollars of debt and started two costly wars.

I haven'tt agreed with all Obama has done but he did at least prevent us from contnuing that downward spiral.

AND, I would much rather have a debt b/c of Healthcare, not irresponsible spending and war.

So, let me get this straight...after 'W' puts us into trillions of dollars of debt, you want the govt to cut'n'run?

Serenly someone, I hope you weren't trying to equate the R's of the 1960s with the lunatics that claim that title now.

• CJ
    Favorite Answer

People who label themselves as "conservatives" these days have no idea what the term means. Hatred and bigotry is all that they are about.

Once again the vast majority of self-labeled cons are being brainwashed to accept untruths and vote against their own self interest and well-being.

The financial catastrophe that took place in 2007/2008 was the final end result of the Republican policies put into place by the Reagan Administration and then continued by Bush Daddy and Dubya Gump. Deregulation and tax cuts for the rich did not create new jobs, did not stimulate the economy, and did not trickle down.

How middle class people of any persuasion could possibly believe that continuing the tax cuts for the very rich now would have a different result is beyond naive.

Most shocking is that the main-stream Republican party would allow the tea-bagger extreme right lunatics take over their party.

ChristineO'Donnelll is an empty-headed, sanctimonious, hypocritical airhead who has never held a real job, and whose only qualification is that she "talks pretty" to those who like hearing the rhetoric of hatred that she, and they, espouse.

I didn't care much for Christine at first and then I learned she had dabbled in witchcraft.Somehow that makes her more appealing. There's actually nothing wrong with experiencing that.I actually think most young people have done things along those lines. I myself was once into OUIJA boards.I disagree with you . She is not a dimwit and her speech reflects her education.Tea baggers' candidates in general though are dumb, flaky and shallow.

At the current rate of excessive, reckless irresponsible Federal Spending of the Obama Administration The United States of America will effectively be bankrupt in less than ten years.

When The United States of America goes bankrupt that will be a tragedy of monumental proportions.

Conservatives are very concerned that The Bankruptcy of The United States of America will destroy The United States of America.

The Radical Extreme Leftists are clueless, asleep or are following the Obama Administration like sheep to the slaughter.

• dlk207

playing with w/c in high school, give me a break. I want the government out of my life. I am a democrat and I'm tired of the B.S. Pres. b.o. and this congress is force feeding me. What about "getting it all" Giethner, the head of i.r.s. that didn't know how to operate turbo tax. bet he didn't pay any penalties and interest on his late taxes. the standing congress is corrupt and should be replaced.

because of the fact between the cores of conservatism is to attack every person who's offering information that could desire to weaken the daddy discern that's acquainted with suited image as a sturdy protector which they count number on in cases of outrage.

Why should they be scared? She has had her problems and they are all out in the open now and she will have to explain them, UNLIKE the Dems! Dems would rather hide them until someone is good enough to investigate and find them. It's good to know she has had problems but she won't be elected so why worry about something that is irrelavent? You better worry about Coons being a "Bearded Marxist" with is worse than 0bama's Marxism!

Source(s): Rico, you should fear Muslims as they want to cut your skinny throat! They have already proven that by beheading Christian Children just for being Christian!

My thought is that you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how off base or far-fetched it is. Another opinion is that you should get out more and learn a little about reality. You obviously have no real idea what is going on or you would not make such wild and unsupported claims.

No, I'm not scared. Amused that she took the nomination and the liberals are running in circles, flapping their arms and making personal attacks again. I love the smell of liberal fear in the morning!

• ?

No Im elated actually seeing all the dems drop like flys. Just look at Bobba Boxer. Im not a Republican but still get a warm fuzzy feeling when they beat a Dumocrat.

• ?

No but you probably have your panties in a bunch over the facts & logic that the Tea Party offers rather than the meaningless rhetoric like " change " and " yes we can " that Obamabots offer.

People are tired of voting for the same people evey time that are screwing them.... If she follows the constitution and tries to cut government and taxes she is 10 times better than either establishment candidate.