Are you surprised by the big name Liberals who are blaming the teachers union for our failed education system?

Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates, along with the director of a new documentary, "Waiting For Superman", all spoke harshly of the teachers union and blamed them for our failed system. I don't normally watch her show, but this show caught my attention because it was about education. In this show, the... show more Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates, along with the director of a new documentary, "Waiting For Superman", all spoke harshly of the teachers union and blamed them for our failed system.

I don't normally watch her show, but this show caught my attention because it was about education.

In this show, the woman who runs the DC school district was featured. She has fired over 1000 teachers since taking that position, horrible teachers who were only in the classroom because of tenure. Teachers in DC achieve this job protection after only two years in the classroom. She also said that the way tenure is right now, any offense has to be near criminal in order to fire a bad teacher. It is also a very costly process for taxpayers.

After she succeeded in firing those bad teachers, and realizing how destructive a force tenure was, she tried to bargain with the union. She would double teachers pay, bringing the pay of some teachers to over $140,000 per year, if only the union would abolish tenure.

The union turned it down.

What did you think?
http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Waiting-For-Superman-The-Movie-That-Can-Transform-Americas-Schools_2
Update: these? those? ............