With regards to food or beverage recalls ...?

How sensitive are you when the government reports a recall on food or drink items? In other words, do you immediately go check your packages (for the matching numbers)? Do you stop buying that product altogether until the recall is canceled? Or are you just more cautious at the supermarket about the brands you... show more How sensitive are you when the government reports a recall on food or drink items?

In other words, do you immediately go check your packages (for the matching numbers)? Do you stop buying that product altogether until the recall is canceled? Or are you just more cautious at the supermarket about the brands you use, etc?

I'm one of those who will run to check my factory numbers right away, then stay clear of using that product for a while. With the last egg recall, I didn't even check numbers ... I tossed out the last two eggs in my carton and then picked up Egg Beaters instead. Haven't eaten a whole egg since.

When it was the whole mad cow business, I was pretty guarded about the type of meats I bought, and where it might have been coming from... but didn't quit meat totally.

Which do you tend to be? Overcautious, typically cautious or just don't give a hoot?