Dr Pi
Dr Pi asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

Nuclear weapons & America?

Should America have nuclear weapons? Why or Why not?

• Favorite Answer

Since World War II America has led by example on the use of nuclear weapons. During the cold war SALT II Treaty was a pact between then Soviet Union and the US to manage nuclear weapons systems. Currently, the Russian Federation and the US are near agreement, depending on the respective legislatures to affirm a new treaty to reduce the overall stock pile of nuclear weapons in both the US and Russia. As I understand it, this would increase lines of accountabilities and weapons transparency. I would say America has taken the correct global path in walking the talk. Therefore, no reason that I can see that America has been a bad actor, or intends to be on the world stage as a nuclear powered country poised to nuke any country, including Iran.

Best.

Even if America didn't have nuclear weapons what about the other countries that do.

Of course, we're one of the only reasonable countries on the planet. We're not completely ruled by religion or emotion like most of the world.

If a country launched total war on us, stick it to them.