Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 9 years ago

Why are teenagers so weak these days?

Where is their heart and soul? What do they believe in? What do they want to change? Do they think that slagging each other off on a place like this will change anything? In my opinion, the government has silenced them by giving them the internet to while away the hours chatting on forums etc. Talking about stuff gives you the ILLUSION that you are doing something about it, when really you're not, you're maintaining the status quo. Teenagers need to go out and riot, like they did in my day.

6 answers have already proved my point.

Mia thinks I'm some old hippy. She so wrong.

Favorite Answer

I know, it does seem weird. Especially how so many are distracted with cell phones and computers. I just worry about myself and keep on truckin' on. After all, there is really nothing you can do about it.

Cell phones and computers have a strong advantage over what used to be the most popular electronic device for entertainment (television)

I think you're completely right, and I'm a teenager, well legally an adult, but there's still a 'teen' in my age. So many people in my age group whine and complain about things they allegedly rally for, but when the time comes to actually act, they don't do anything. I recall a few years back a girl planned a cross country march in protest of the war. Of all the people who supported her, one other person actually marched with her.

They get all self righteous about 'being green,' and they'll complaidon when people throw out a piece of scrap paper instead of locating the proper recycling receptacle but they aren't really DOING anything but annoying people.

There have been some flare ups, like with Operation Chanology and Anon about a year and a half ago, but the problems still exist and so many people are over it.

You're right, teenagers need to put themselves into something that matters. We need to get angry and fight for what we feel is right. We need to realize that there is more to life than facebook and Jersey Shore and sh*t like that.

I am a seventeen year old, female, in my senior year of high school -- and I couldn't agree with you more!! I am appalled by people of my generation.. I hear my parents, my grandparents, teachers, everyone a generation or two ahead of me speak of all their crazy fun adventures as a kid, how they had to stay entertained and I honestly wish life were still that way. I have a small group of friends that are like this. The non-fake, outgoing, people who actually do things with their life. We all are disappointed in our generation and quite frankly, I am embarrassed as well. I'd be right on board to make a movement. I would do anything to make my generation find the heart and soul of life. To find something beautiful that they love to do.. If only, hey?

• Yogi

Huuuun! Days of rioting are in the past let's keep it that way. Too many questions seems like I would have to write an essay. I don't think that the kids are weak it's the parents who have become weak and afraid of their own children. Kids are raising themselves now a days. Too much alone time, they do just about whatever they want.

Nah.. the vast majority of teenagers are still hanging out with their friends, playing school sports, etc. It's just a handful of nerds that spend their time on computers and shite. And I bet it was always like that, just in the old days they did other nerdy things

And anyway it is your generation that will go down in history as the most complacent of them all. The ease with which the babyboomers and gen x ers sold your souls and this country in exchange for cheap consumer goods paved the way for our indifference.

Well I am a teen. I don't think we are weaker. I just think some of us are just lazier, because a lot of stuff is just handed to use, more so than the adults had it when they were growing up. But it will continue to get worse down the road, this is just the beginning.

I have very strong beliefs which is why i'm pursuing a career in politics. Also I go to the gym every other day. I know that's not the "weak" you're referring to but I like to brag.

Although, I do agree with you. What are you doing differently? I get the feeing that you're being hypocritical. And I mean i agree with what you're saying, but try to set an example to live up to...?

• ducky

lets go smoke pot in a circle and write angry letters to the government. yes?

btw.. what are you doing? youre bitching about things that need to be changed over the internet the government gave us.

oops.

PS. no i dont think your a hippy. hahah look what im doing! bitching about stuff over the internet the government gave us too. no i agree with you, i just like shakin things up :p cause i have nothing better to do with my monday nights

I secretly like the status quo.