Minnesotan asked in SportsBaseball · 9 years ago

Do you follow any other baseball teams closely besides your team? If so what teams?

I don't mean just like them, or check up on them in the scores. I mean like reading their news, going on their website, almost like if they were your favorite team?

BQ: Rate on a scale of 1-10 how your team is doing/has done tonight?

BQ2: Do you plan on going to anymore games this season?

Thanks everyone!

34 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not really follow -- but I like the Giants and read sfgate.com from time to time and read up on the Giants, which is something I never do with other teams.

BQ: from 1 -10 I'd say 9. They DID win the game but gave up a bunch of runs in the process

BQ2: Yes I do, plus the playoffs. We've had season tickets for eons so we get to go to most Yankee home games, including the post season.

• 4 years ago

1. Yankees 2. Cardinals 3. Dodgers 4. Red Sox 5. Reds 6. Giants 7. Tigers 8. Pirates 9. Blue Jays 10. Mariners 11. Braves 12. Athletics 13. Phillies 14. Mets 15. White Sox 16. Brewers 17. Diamondbacks 18. Orioles 19. Royals 20. Twins 21. Angels 22. Marlins 23. Cubs 24. Nationals 25. Rangers 26. Rays 27. Indians 28. Rockies 29. Astros 30. Padres

• 9 years ago

Only in the second half of the season, particularly September. Over the last couple of weeks I've been following the Braves (obviously) and also the NL west race (not to the same extent as the Braves, but it still might affect the Phillies).

BQ: It's 3-1 Phillies. They get a 7. They haven't really hit the ball that well, and one of their runs came from an error. But if they can pull this win out, that would be huge.

BQ2: Unfortunately no.

edit: Hmm, I think I misunderstood the question. No, I don't actually root for any other teams.

• 9 years ago

My favorite team is the Phillies, I check their scores on the internet or cell phone when I can't watch the games, and lately I've been following the Braves too. It's good for my team when the Braves lose.

Tonight, the Phillies are playing the Braves and I'd give them a seven or eight right now. They have runners on second and third with two outs and are winning 3-1 in the bottom of the 5th. If the Phils hold on and win they'll be up 4 games on the Braves and play them 5 more times. This game is important.

No, I'm not going to any games this year.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Not really. Just toward the end of the season I'll follow different teams in close races, like right now the 3 teams in NL West race.

BQ: The Yankees are still playing but so far doing pretty good

BQ2: I have tickets for Thursday night's game, that's probably the last game I'll get to this season.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I like the Reds, and sometimes read there news. But for the most part, no. I stick with the Tigers.

BQ- 5. 4 runs off Grienke is good.

BQ2- Yupp. Tickets to the last home game of the season vs. the Twins this sunday. Didn't really think that through. I miss the Lions V Vikings game.

• 9 years ago

The only teams I really check on are the teams in the AL East. I sometimes look to see how the Mets are doing.

BQ1: 9. Nova pitched very well.

BQ2: I was supposed to go to the Yankees/Orioles game that was on Saturday, but we didn't go. So I probably won't get to see a game this season.

• 9 years ago

Yes. Besides the Dodgers and Mets who I follow and watch occasionally, I have become somewhat of a Giants... may I say, freak? lol. Not even kidding. I watch them (or parts of their games) everyday, unless the Red Sox are on at the same time. I check their website. I have been to 5 of their games (one against the Sox) this season. I pretty much adore Buster Posey and Mike Fontenot... The team has grown on me alot.

BQ: 8. We won! And I completely called Josh Reddick's homer. I was like 'Okay, Redi! Swing it now!' ...And he did... and it went into the stands X]

BQ2: No... last planned game of the season was last week, Giants-Brewers. Just happy to have seen Madison Bumgarner in his rookie season.

• 9 years ago

No I stay loyal to the Twins only. I do somewhat cheer for the San Francisco Giants though.

BQ: 7. Tied 1-1 right now. Duensing looks pretty good again. Just need to get runs on the board, but without Mauer and Kubel, it'll be more difficult.

BQ2: Almost went yesterday, but I think I might try to go one more time.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

The Mets are my team, but I like what the Rays have done in the last 3 years.

BQ: 10 - they're off, can't lose

BQ2: Possibly the last game on 10/3.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.