I own a 1996 Pontiac Firebird with a TPS idle problem?

I own a 1996 pontiac firebird 3.8L. It always ran great. but yesterday my friend decided to mess around with my TPS without me knowing. Now he can't remember what he did and now when I come to a stop it idles at about 2000rpm. my car is also a standard. and sometimes idles high before i even take off so i have to wait for it to die down back to normal. It's not a big issue but it gets annoying. I need to know if there is a certain way the tps needs to be set up, or something easy. I don't want to have to buy a new one. Any ideas?

Favorite Answer

take tps off clean tip with carb cleaner and finger replace turn key over several times without starting and then start. Sometimes this will reset TPS.

good friend ! since he fooled with it now your going to have to get a scan tool or volt meter used on it to set it back in.