Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Did any of you choose NOT to give your baby the MMR jab?

My little one is 4 months old and she was meant to have her booster jabs last week but was a bit poorly with a bit of a temp so left it to a later date (now tommorow). I had no concerns about this jab before, now evryone's telling me the risk of autism is much higher after this?

I personally still will get the jab done, just wanted to hear other opinions?!

Favorite Answer

•No, there is no scientifically proven link between measles vaccination and autism.

•Extensive reports from both the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Institute of Medicine and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conclude that there is no proven association between Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism.

•Autism is a chronic developmental disorder, often first identified in toddlers from age 18 months to 30 months. MMR is administered just before the peak age of onset of autism. This timing leads some parents to mistakenly assume a causal relationship. There is no evidence that MMR causes autism.

•Increasing evidence indicates that autism is determined while the baby is still in the womb, early in the pregnancy.

And the first poster is correct. The MMR vaccine isn't given to a baby so young. Maybe you are thinking of a different one.

• Newt

autism and the mmr are unfound

there have been lots of tests but noone can tell either way

I personally have given all of mine the jabs and thankful that I have done

its saves me worrying as I am a worrier over everything!

none of them have had any diverse symptoms at all

if it is possible I would say it is 1 to a many 1000 that it is going to happen

Source(s): have 5 children 0-12 years old all had the MMR jab apart from little Honey who is 0 Years but she will have it!

Your baby shouldn't be getting the MMR until 12 months or older - why is she getting this now. This is a live vaccine and is too mcuh for a 4 month old. Are you meaning another shot such as the dtap?