Crystal asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

I want to adopt a small dog, but I have 2 big dogs already. Will 2 big dogs and a little one work?

I have a doberman and a german shepard mix. Separately they are great dogs, but put them together and things aren't too great. It's not like they are attacking each other, but the german shepard mix is old, and the doberman is a puppy. All she wants to do is play and all the older one wants to do is lay and sleep. So basically it's just a lot of barking going on.

I obviously wouldn't leave the little dog that I want to adopt alone with the two bigger ones.

I've had my cousins bring over thier little dogs, and my 2 dogs seem fine with them. Will it be different when my new dog is actually living with us?

and is there a way i can get my big dogs to kind of get along with each other more??

Favorite Answer

well if you do, be at caution with the little one. also, if you do get it, when unsupervised, keep in separate rooms so there is not much commotion going on. make sure that the little one is NOT snappy or grouchy, lmao because if they fight, it is obvious who would win.

• sure we hav 2 big dogs n 2 little ones just introduce them propley and everything should go great ps you might want to train the aggrsive one a little more or wait till the puppy grows a little

dont adopt a small dog with a big one it will get stepped on!