Is "The Mother of God" contrary by Mary's own words? Did Jesus ever once say Give"Thanks to my Mom"?

Did Jesus ever make any remarks about his Mother or Father being God?

Luke 1:46-49; John 2: l-5

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Lindy
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Mary was a young about 14 year old woman who was in the direct line to be the mother of Jesus. She was the vessel to carry the Messiah. She was a very special person but not Deity. I spoke with a Catholic friend of mine about that. She said that it does not hurt to have others praying on her behalf so she asks Mary to intercede for her. The bible clearly states that we are to pray in the name of Jesus so that God the Father is glorified in the Son.

That is how I see it , another version is here

http://www.reachingcatholics.org/hailmarymd.htm

The answer is "No" about Mom, "Yes" about Dad

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

1) Is "The Mother of God" contrary by Mary's own words?

No.

2) Did Jesus ever once say Give"Thanks to my Mom"?

If he did, it was not recorded in any of the Scriptures now found in the Bible.

3) Did Jesus ever make any remarks about his Mother or Father being God?

Yes - repeatedly.

Jim, http://www.bible-reviews.com/

• 9 years ago

Read Luke 11:27-28

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nope, nor is it contrary to the bible.

Luke 1:43 And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name inscribed, King of kings and Lord of lords.

Rev 12:5 she brought forth a male child, one who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron, but her child was caught up to God and to his throne,

Peace be with you

<<<Devout Catholic>>>

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • gedeon
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

The text cloth unquestionably states "till she had given beginning to her firstborn son." There are 2 issues you need to gain related to the language used here. initially, the be conscious "till" in simple terms skill "up till that component." It does not advise that issues replaced after that component and that Mary and Joseph had family members. It in simple terms skill there have been no family members previously that component. the 2nd is the Protestant misinterpretation of the word "firstborn son." In Biblical circumstances, this grew to become into in basic terms a criminal term. It grew to become into on no account an illustration that there have been different toddlers after Jesus. additionally, Mary states herself that she is "the handmaid of the Lord." (See Luke a million:38) that's indicative that she grew to become right into a temple virgin. This grew to become into uncommon for Jewish females, yet nevertheless ideal. As a temple virgin, Mary might have been thoroughly consecrated to the Lord, as indicated by making use of her own fact. sure, she grew to become into betrothed to Joseph on the component that Jesus grew to become into conceived interior her womb by making use of the flexibility of the Holy Spirit, yet Joseph grew to become into lots older than she grew to become into, likely a minimum of two times her age on the time, and likely, additionally, a widower. His pledge might have been to admire her vows of virginity and consecration to the Lord, that's why he might have been chosen to be her better half. Many Protestants additionally component to the Bible saying that Christ had brothers and sisters. back, this could be a confusion of language. whilst Joseph ought to have had countless step-siblings from Joseph's first marriage, the be conscious "brother" or "sister" in simple terms meant "close relative" at this era of time. surely, we nevertheless use the term on the instant, as quickly as we call close acquaintances or cousins our "brothers" or "sisters" or as quickly as we examine with different Christians as our "brothers" and "sisters" in Christ.

• Midge
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

no but he said "Honor your Father and your MOTHER". This is another stumbling block for those who are headed for destruction.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.