Can you tell me all about the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico?

i'm doing a science project about the oil spill and how it effected the animals. can you tell me some facts or websites about it? like as sson as possible.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The platform built by BT petroleum was improperly built and allowed to operate by US inspectors. BP failed to put in a check valve that would have stopped the flow of oil into the gulf. BP knew they cut this required valve but proceeded anyway. The effect on the wildlife was felt immediately and will continue to effect wildlife and sealife for many years to come. As the oil washed a shore it contaminated birds and other wildlife. The destruction to plant and the natural barrier from land to sea is immense. The destruction to sea creatures is unknown at this time and its destruction will be felt for many years if not decades. There is still great amount of oil floating on the surface and even more oil floating and circulating under the surface some say as big as Texas. The contamination of the oil has not only hurt the wildlife and plants but those who lives are dependent of the gulf for their livelihood.

• 3 years ago

BP skill British Petroleum, yet they at the instant are a international corporation, so as that they oftentimes circulate via BP. The BP corporation have been given blamed for the oil spill, even nevertheless different businesses have been in touch to a minimum of a constrained volume. Neil

• 9 years ago

you should search deep water horizon oil spill it's the technically name for it you can also search greenlivingtips,om and type in oil spill 2010 and it'll give you details ont he effects i know now that all the fish and animals are safe but it did smutter alot of them or limited there eyesight or ability to fly ist got into turtle shells and killer them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.