How does the heathen ATHEIST feel about being an antitheist Nazi?

The Pope and I are in agreement on this one.

...

Favorite Answer

Here is what the Pope really said:

Even in our own lifetime, we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live. I also recall the regime’s attitude to Christian pastors and religious who spoke the truth in love, opposed the Nazis and paid for that opposition with their lives.

As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a “reductive vision of the person and his destiny.”

Here is the entire address: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/spe...

The Pope had just gone on to the next logical step after the Pagan Nazis. "The sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century" were from Atheistic Communism which killed many more people than the Nazis ever did.

The Pope was not comparing Atheist extremists to the Nazis, he was comparing them to the Atheistic Soviet Union and other communist regimes.

With love in Christ.

• Fred

I am not surprised by such childishness from the pope or from christians. People who have no idea what a nazi is yet invoke the word because it sounds bad promote the stereotype of unintelligent christians. I am not antitheist. I enjoy a good laugh with them, but mostly at them. And, I am not a nazi, which anyone with any intelligence at all, the pope and present company excluded so it seems, should know.

The pope is a frickin' idiot on that one.

The point of a secular society is to keep you from using religion to dominate others. Just because you don't have undue influence doesn't mean that you're being oppressed. You sure as heck aren't receiving the treatment that the Nazis handed out.

If you think you are, I know a Holocaust survivor you can speak with. See if she agress that you've got it as bad as she did when she was a little girl.

Atheists are not necessarily anti-theist (or is it just me). I love the fact that there is religion. It gives people hope, it gives them courage. I myself have started believing that there is no god, but I wouldn't kill people for being a particular religion. In fact, I admire it. If you can believe in a being with absolutely no proof apart from a book that was written by unknown men, then it shows that you have some courage and faith.

I will join in with arguments against evolution and the origins of life (maybe a few others), but if the person still believes in God, then good for him.

Hitler was a catholic and the catholic church was whole heartily behind the nazi party.

In fact hitler closed down many atheists and secular group;s in nazi germany.

So the pope is against atheists to divert attention from the fact that many catholic priests are buggering little kids. Are you trying to divert attention form something you do by going against us?

• ?

A bold assumption, comrade, but unfortunately incorrect. The atheist community are one of many groups who have rejected tyrannical autocratic rule by Christianity, we merely ask you present evidence of the claims you make - we are not the ones flying planes into buildings in the name of a god, nor are we mutilating our new born babies with circumcision. We are not nazis, we do not enforce our views on anyone, we simply reject your escapist fantasy and choose to live in reality - you are the true equivalent of a nazi superpower, demanding unquestionable allegiance to unsubstantiated non-sensical dogma that every braincell in our bodies tells us not to believe. You have murdered and tortured those that disagree with you, you have fought terrible wars for your genocidal god and commited more atrocities than can be named against those that disagree with you. Your church are the true tyrants, and I thank the stars every day I hear from wackos like you that Americas founding fathers kept state and religion separate.

Religion: Flies planes into buildings

Science: Flies man to the moon.

Oh I'm sure the pope is delighted he's got you on his side.

I'm an atheist and I'm not a anti-theist Nazi. There goes your opinion in a puff of stupid smoke.

Well, that makes the Pope and you wrong. You might look up some of Hitler's quotations on religion; they sound very much like what Glen Beck says.

I don't know about that really. I'd sort of bought into the quasi-pagan theory, and maybe Hitler himself was just the 'atheist puppetmaster' at the top. Calling the average 1940s nazi in the street that is probably inaccurate.

• Rachel

Im not a nazi.

The pope on the other hand, leads the organisation responsible for the Auto de Fey.

Source(s): Laughing Atheist