LGBT: Do you consider yourself dominant, submissive, or neither?

More as a survey thing here.

I personally consider myself to be strongly on the submissive side both in bed and in other interactions. I know some people think of that as being weak, but I'm at my happiest when I make other people happy even if, to external appearances, I'm the one who "lost."

Update:

I don't know about using top/bottom in this context because those terms really only fit with sexual situations between gay men. And while I do think I'm passive, I don't think that's quite the same as submissive. Passive does not indicate an enjoyment that comes from serving others.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm bi, and I'd identify as neither. Power-dynamics really turn me off, I find the whole idea of being a submissive completely ludicrous, it just makes me laugh. I've tried it for other people's sake, but found it utterly and completely leaving me cold. Vice versa I'd never want to be dominant over someone else, because I'd feel a bit silly. I can muster up enough to speak sternly etc, but in the bedroom I am completely about everyone playing nicely. Outside of the bedroom I'm a dominant personality though

• Login to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

Leos normally are dominant, so in bed or in all other situations dominant. That doesn't mean that one is being selfish. One has to understand different personalities, situations etc. and act accordingly, I believe if give respect you get as well but never be submissive. set the standards for yourself & let others know, respect their point of views.!

• EvK
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Submissive.

• 9 years ago

I'm 100% dominant, just like a man should be. In every relationship I've ever been in, I always liked to think of myself as the "Beast in Bed", while my girlfriends are basically "Queen of the Kitchen." But I never say that to them, it tends to weaken the relationship. Can never afford to lose my #1 maid. ;)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dass
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I think passive would be a bit more accurate.

Edit; I'm aware that's not the same as submissive, that's why I didn't say submissive.

• 9 years ago

since I'm mostly bottom, guess I'm technically the sub......but otherwise have a dominant personality and really feel in control in bed. Think bottom/Top/vers are most descriptive: Dass says "passive" - that doesn't fit either ;-)

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

I'm submissive. In bed, and in pretty much every other interactions.

• Cato
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Dominant, in bed and in life.

I'm not overly controlling or bossy, but I def like to set the rules and run the show.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Neither, and I'm mean about it. There's nothing I detest more than someone who doesn't understand the idea of absolute social and moral equality, and who has to be either one-up or one-down. So, generally, if you're submissive, it'll be my pleasure to kick you; if you try to dominate me, I'll slap your stupid face.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

submissive in bed definitely

he thinks he's the boss but we do whatever i want basically.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.