When you read something bad about your favorite player....?

Does it change your perception of your favorite player?.

*Im talking off the field- with fan interaction(such as signing stuff for fans if fans come up to them somewhere) and what not.

For example, I've read some stuff on Evan Longoria not being such a nice guy. But I've also read some stuff where people say he's a nice guy. It's one of those things where you belive it when you see it. So it doesn't really change my perception of him.

Anyways, does reading something bad about your favorite player change your image of him, when you read about something from a fan that's met him?

• .
    Favorite Answer

I never pay much attention to stories involving anyone famous. I mean, imagine living in a world where every single interaction you have is remembered and discussed by people. If you were a famous person, you would meet tons of people on a daily basis and you would have to be entirely, completely, totally polite to every single one of them. If you were ever the *tiniest* bit rude to even *one* person, that person will tell all his friends and the story will immediately circulate around. I mean, that would be tough. And also, not that these guys don't appreciate the fans, but they probably deal with fans on a regular basis and it probably gets pretty old after a while. Imagine being constantly recognized and stopped by overjoyed, ecstatic fans. "OH MY GOD!!! YOU'RE EVAN LONGORIA!!! WOW!!! HOW ARE YOU?!?!! I'M SUCH A BIG FAN!!!" How much of that could you stand before it started to annoy you a little bit? That's why I don't listen to stories of negative experiences with famous people; I couldn't imagine what it's like to be recognized ten billion times a day.

Zach Parise's not one of my favorite players, but I know he skipped 7th grade. Zach Parise and Travis Zajac dressed up together for Halloween as a golfer and caddy with fake mustaches. Jamie Langenbrunner went as a playboy bunny hahaha. I most certainly don't like Scott Gomez, but I know he got a D in Spanish class in high school haha. A few months ago Elias Sports Buerau said Patrik Elias and Zach Parise were ranked 1 and 2 as the "most clutch players" (taking into account OT and SO goals, and how many goals they get in the 3rd period and at what time they are scored. Pretty cool! I have made two accounts, but this is the only one I actually use. This one is for answers and fantasy hockey and I made the other literally 6 years ago to make a webpage, use yahoo groups, and play games, which I don't do anymore. I now use this account because the other username is stupid (i was 12) lol.

No, picture yourself in Evans shoes

hes basically the best 3rd baseman in the MLB, so basically the whole world wants his autograph

You really want to take the time to sign 20,000+ autographs every day after your team loses?

No one does, its just like Tiger Woods with golf

most golfers sign autos on the spot but woods cant because he wouldnt be able to sleep at night

EDIT: I feel like I should say this

my favorite football player my whole childhood was Mike Vick, and after this whole dogfighting thing, honostly, hes still my favorite

Hes not my favorite HUMAN BEING hes my favorite FOOTBALL PLAYER off field I dont care because my favorite HUMAN BEING is my dad, just on the football field he has a sleight edge over my dad whos an accountant, just think about that, im sure youll get it

Reading about it, no. The media will do anything to sensationalize a story. What if a kid is waiting for an autograph and a player just blows him off as a reporter stands beside the kid. The reporter could say he ignored a young fan but who knows, maybe the player was late for something important. Until I see it, I do not believe it.

• Sarah

If one person says something bad about Derek Jeter, I usually ignore it because I've heard more good stories about him rather than bad ones. Like sometimes I hear people bash Jeter because they didn't sign an autograph of theirs or something. I find that to be a little silly, honestly. I mean, can you even imagine how many autographs Derek Jeter has to sign every day? To get mad at him for not signing something for you is silly, it's not personal or anything. If Jeter stopped to autograph things for ever person who asked he'd get nothing done all day.

I'm a grown man who has a family and friends. What do I care about someone who doesn't even know I exist? As a baseball fan, the only thing I care about is how much a player can entertain me. That's all sports is really, right? Entertainment. I couldn't care less what he does when he's not on the field entertaining me.

I've only heard positive things about my favorite player (seriously, I have never heard of him being a jerk to anyone before) But hearing positive things doesn't really change how I feel about him as a player, so I'm sure that if I heard something bad about him it wouldn't change my feelings.

Yes. I hated A Rod after I found out he used steroids and lied and crushed all of his fans and he had no business taking those PEDs because he was doing fine and was just being a greedy asshole. Thats why I;m always careful. I have heard of my favorites being accused of using steroids but everyone that is an all star gets accusations of it so I say not guilty until proven.

Well I think that reading something bad about your favorite player can or cannot change your image of him. Don't listen to most fans opinions because they are based on their opinions only. For example dont listen to grown men opinions because many baseball player sign kids signatures first and not theirs so they could write something bad about that player. If it is something based on drugs or steroids that can really hurt your image of them because for many years you looked up to them and they were a role model and that can hurt you.

Source(s): Me
  • Players are human like us & can have bad days. The media acts as if they can never have their bad moments. I usually like to see for myself before i pass judgment.