Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 decade ago

How do I trace an American relative?

My great uncle emigrated from the UK to Boston, MA, in 1949. Through the research I have done, i have found - online - his DOB and his death date, where he lived, a picture of his gravestone, his naturalization petition, his wife's details and his daughter's details.

His daughter would be 73 this year - so there is a chance she is still alive and it is her I want to find her. However, on every website I've been to, I can't find any information about her - whether she is dead or not or if she ever married. It's almost as if she stopped existing after she was naturalized.

Could anyone offer any advice about how I could find more information about her? As I live in the UK, I don't know what information people are eligible to obtain in America. Could I get a copy of my uncle's Will, for example?

Help! It's a mystery that I would love to solve.

Thanks, Andy

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You might be able to get a copy of his obituary.

    tells how, with links. Or, post the name and DOD here and someone may be able to find it for you.

    If it says he is survived by his daughter, Mrs. John Smith of Chicago, you won't find her. If he is survived by his daughter, Cassandra Rumpelstiltskin of Beloit, Wisconsin, you can try to look her up in an on-line phone book.

  • 1 decade ago

    I wish you would have given us the websites you have tried; but the best, by far, is However, to get results there, you have to pay and is very expensive.; which I refuse to do.

    The second best one that I have found is This one is FREE!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.