Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What questions do they ask when you interview for a Private Equity Analyst?

What questions do they ask and what do they look for?

I have an interview with a small private equity firm coming up and I am very nervous!

Thank you!!!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hmm, this is a tough one b/c it's a small private equity firm. Given it's small and you're interviewing at the analyst level, I'd say the material will include the following, from most likely to least likely:

- Modeling/finance/accounting skills - excel knowledge, PV/NPV/IRR concepts, income statement/balance sheet concepts. The partners in the firm will likely handle the strategic evaluation of particular investment opportunities, but will rely on you to take the financials when opportunities come in an model out the potential return on investment.

- Case interview type questions - similar to a mgmt consulting firm, they may give you a case scenario and ask you to analyze the prospects/options/decisions a particular company in a particular industry might take. If you haven't already prepared for this type of interview format, your best best is to memorize and understand how to apply, in the simplest way possible, using either Porter's five forces framework or a SWOT framework. Then, you'll have to rest on your knowledge of basic business concepts you've built during school.

- Capital mkts knowledge - understanding of financing structures (less likely)

Good luck

Source(s): MBA from top 5 school Have been through PE, consulting, i-banking interviews at the MBA level
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

a million - No do not own guns or guns. Why? - because I stay in an residence with close quarters and paper skinny walls and flooring. i'm afraid a discharge weapon ought to choose the help of a wall and harm someone. i visit't locate the money for one in the present day anyhow. #2 - i believe there might want to be gun administration to a aspect. nevertheless even if there are regulations about guns, it is as a lot because the police to implement those regulations. The iHop attack and the taking pictures of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords do not have befell because neither suspect might want to been waiting to get a weapon yet do. I want homestead use and qualified carry with strict regulations and education. #3 - If gun regulations were appealed than there'll be more advantageous useful attack rifles and computerized guns like the Nineteen 1920s. injuries will ensue more advantageous typically because human beings are careless and human beings will be shot. #4 - it is not any longer the regulation in spite of the undeniable fact that the enforcement. The regulation biding citizen will follow the regulation and receives in hardship for inadvertently breaking some rule. Criminals and gangsters will do what they want. The jails are already finished and till the police supply up human beings interior the streets and search for them at random then the regulations does no longer propose something till you connect both a necessary lengthy sentence or the death penalty. #5 particular varieties - searching rifles, revolvers, and semi automatics. The clip variety for all guns constrained to a optimal of 6 rounds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if they call you means they know you can do it..

the question is you are nervous or not

You Can Do IT!!!!

don't worried they only human.. hahaa

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.