Can a latch system be installed?

I have a 1999 Nissan Altima, and just wanted to know if it was possible to get a Latch System and/or Top Tether installed. We've been having a hard time getting our car seat tight since the belt doesn't come up from the seat crease (as the car-seat's manual suggests). I don't know how to explain it,... show more I have a 1999 Nissan Altima, and just wanted to know if it was possible to get a Latch System and/or Top Tether installed. We've been having a hard time getting our car seat tight since the belt doesn't come up from the seat crease (as the car-seat's manual suggests). I don't know how to explain it, but the car has extra creases for the seat belts so it comes out of those. Just frustrated, plan on going to the next car-seat check at the fire department, but was just wondering if we could get this stuff installed so we wouldn't have to adjust the car seat each time. I've called around to a few auto shops and they didn't know, and the dealership mechanic isn't in until Monday. Is it possible, or am I wasting my time? Also, if it is possible, what kind of price would I be looking at?
Update: Glenn Z: Thanks for your answer, you did a lot of research! However, the car seat is brand new and has the latch belt to use so I don't need a kit for that. I'm actually looking to install the metal latch hooks, and top tether (goes in the back dash) in my car to use the system that came with the car seat...