Acyclovir for genital herpes question...? What happens if I forget to take a pill here and there?

I have to take two a day, one in the morn and one at night. Does that I mean I should take them at the same time everyday? because i haven't been doing that, i kinda just go with the flow with it. Also, I've been forgetting every now and then to take it, how exactly does this medication work? Do I have to... show more I have to take two a day, one in the morn and one at night. Does that I mean I should take them at the same time everyday? because i haven't been doing that, i kinda just go with the flow with it. Also, I've been forgetting every now and then to take it, how exactly does this medication work? Do I have to take it every single day, for a certain amount of time for it to actually start beginning to work? Or like.. I dont know. Anyone explain this to me?

Also, doing research.... it says taking daily Valtrex will reduce the transmission rate of spreading it to your partner even with unprotected sex up to 2%. Wow!!!! Should I switch to Valtrex instead, or are they both good?