Why do Republicans say how bad liberal states are because of state finances when the poorest states by...?

personal income are all solid republican states?

After driving through Mississippi, Arkansas and Louisiana the scales of poverty down there are clear. The west coast is much better.

Favorite Answer

Bravo, have you been to the trailer parks of america?

Dirt poor and suckin off the system

white and right wingnutted or if they own a sparkly hat a tea party member

• andy

Actually, a lot of the strongest Republican states are in the West where farming is still one of the main jobs. Also, the West Coast is much better if you have a college degree, but most liberals forget about the loggers in Washington State and Oregon who keep losing their jobs every time the liberals pass laws protecting forests. There was plenty of poor people in Washington State when I lived there for 3 years in the early 1990's and I don't think it has gotten any better.

Also, for the poorest, they tend to be Democrats since it is the Democrats who will keep the hand outs coming so that they don't have to support themselves. I have lived around some of the poor who don't want to better themselves and they tend to be Democrats, not Republicans.

An article on Yahoo recently stated that a $38,000 salary in MS was equal to $95,000 in Manhattten or $63,000 in NH.

Those states have to have big salaries to get big tax rev's to give the lazy.

Take a road trip through the south during the week and drive through the poorest areas.

White poor and they sure arent democrats this is where alot of the Tea Party is formed.

You are confusing separate issues.

Don't those same Republican states have lower costs of living?

And can you tell me why the South leads the nation in all major economic categories? It's not because of union wages!

http://www.thesouthernadvantage.com/tasChap1.pdf

We are talking about the liberal state governments. We are not talking about personal income.

We also do not equate money with happiness.

We equate freedom with happiness.

Republican, conservative states with republican, conservative state government provide us with more freedom.

They have lower income because of lower cost of living. 10 bucks will do more in South Dakota than in NY

Source(s): money is not worth the same everywhere
  • Really? As I recall my state is doing quite well financially, and we've been Republican for 70 years. We actually have a trust fund that we only use for "rainy days" We have yet to actually use it.

I always loved your questions, they're just so easy to debunk.

What do you mean by poorest? Republican states aren't poor just because they balance their budget and don't offer welfare. That does not mean they are poor.

We may be poor, but we're not in as much debt.

If I'm poor, so be it. HOWEVER, mortgaging my kids' future so that I can live well today is DEPLORABLE. My current happiness is not paramount to their future opportunities.