Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

LGBT College students how much time do you spend in your gay community center?

I do not feel at all comfortable hang out there as people can know my orientation by just looking through the door. And I generally don't like spending time in minority-onclaves (I'm black and bisexual and I don't go in the black cultural center either).

Are there any other gays who share my beliefs/problems?

• KD
    Favorite Answer

On my school campus we have an LGBT resource center with a lounge just outside of it. I was nervous to go there at first even though I am out, but then I went inside the resource center met a very nice girl who gave me lots of information packets on resources, reading material, videos, and upcoming lgbt events. She was very nice and introduced me to the group hanging out in the "queer corner" (the lounge right outside) They were all very nice and introduced themselves and said they were glad I stopped by. Also, my school has a special group for african-american members of the lgbt community. We have a lot of people from a lot of races in our main lgbt group and you'd be surprised how many there are. Now, my school might just be different because it's very close to the gay capitol of my state but the fact is, is that there's a lot of people out there and possibly even at your school with the same problems, you won't know until you meet them though, go out, have a good college experience, join groups, make friends, have fun. College is all about discovering who you are and who you want to be!

Stop being ashamed of yourself. You need to be on your side in this big, bad world. You should try out the campus counselor and ask how you can learn to be proud of who you are. Then you'll enjoy being places where you can meet other gay friends and not be self conscious.

Life is short! Have fun! Laugh often! Love yourself and you will love and be loved by others!

Well, considering that the grand metropolis of baton rouge *cough cough* doesn't have one and I would have to go to the one in new Orleans I would say I spend no time in it. Furthermore I don't know your personal situation but as a person who has been out since 14 and living in the south I would say you need to be who you are and come out.

Source(s): I'm a gay man

So you are not out. What's the problem. Not out is not gay.

im actually trying to find lesbian friends cos it sucks to not have anyone who can relate to me.

I never did.