Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificKorea · 9 years ago

Who watches korean dramas?

Do people who watch Korean dramas speak Korean?? Do most people live in Korea or in America, or somewhere else?

• (;
    Favorite Answer

The majority of people that watch Korean dramas are Korean.

There are people that don't speak Korean, but watch the dramas though.

I'm one of them :P

I'm Vietnamese, but I absolutely LOVE Korean Dramas <3

Hi! :)

Most people who watch Korean dramas are from Korea, mainly the southern part. But Korean dramas are becoming extremely popular all over Asia. China, Japan, Vietnam, etc. They're translating them into their languages and putting them on television in their countries. A lot of korean drama stars are well known all over Asia, as well.

As for America, I watch them, and some of my friends do, too, but they're not really well-known in the United States. I mean, some people watch them online, but they're not so popular that they're put onto TV daily.

So yeah, I think it'd be safe to say that most people who do watch korean dramas are either Korean or speak Korean.

~Hope this helps! :)

I haven't watched any yet.. I might though. I've only watched Korean movies. Heaps of people who watch Korean dramas do speak Korean, because they're on TV in Korea. There are heaps of people who watch Korean dramas who aren't Korean and don't speak Korean though.

Most people who watch them are in Korea, because they star on Korean TV like I said before, and because it's in Korean. They don't ever go on American TV, well as far as I know anyway, or unless they go on SBS (if America has SBS, but I know Australia does), but I'm unsure.

There are heaps of people world wide who watch Korean dramas though.. From the Philippines, to the USA, Australia, etc.

Most Korean dramas in Singapore had English subtitles. All the Korean dramas aired in Channel had Mandarin dubbing.

you don't have to be korean to watch their dramas... there are a lot of Korean dramas with English subtitles that are available either for streaming or download online... and if i am not mistaken there are some korean dramas that have been translated to other languages other than english.

sometimes these dramas are being dubbed to the language of the country its been shown... i saw one dubbed in chinese (saw it on cable tv)..

there are a lot of people from all over the world who watch it... in asia, america, europe, etc...

• ?

I don't speak or understand Korean, but I'm a Swedish person who enjoys there culture!

I watch it online, with either English or French subtitles =) Now that I'm learning how to speak Korean, I'm hoping I won't need the subtitles anymore!

• Tram

i agree with ;) most ppl who watch korean dramas are korean and speak korean

but there are also a lot of ppl who aren korean n dont speak korean that watches k-dramas

like 95% of my azn friends wtach korean dramas n are very into k-pop even tho they arent korean

my friends n i love korean dramas n have watched a ton of them but we dont speak korean, even tho i would love to learn. my family is vietnamese and we watch korean dramas all the time

in fact we just seen oh my lady

KOREAN DRAMAS ROCKS!!!!! <333333333

i like to watch korean dramas...

i dont speak korean language fluently..but i do know some and i can write also read hangul..

p/s..i'm not korean.. =)

everyone watches them now...I'm not korean and I watch it. they are really of high quality and very entertaining.you can find them subbed in english at sites like youtube. i myself go to midnights dreams to get it there because of hd and great quality, but they do not have that many shows going like some other sites.

I'm a big fan of Korean dramas but I'm not Korean..................and i can't speak Korean either...................their dramas are all so great.................I'm addicted to them