What kind of rifle should i buy?

I wanna get an old school high powered rifle that i can still get ammo for ive looked into the SKS but i dont wanna be on the goverments watch list so im looking more for maybe a straight bolt or standard bolt action rifle if theres a semi auto one let me know im going to a gun show next sunday and need ideas on what to look for im taking around $110 possibly more im not sure and i already own a mosin nagant M91/30 so please do not suggest that

ok the allowance has gone up to $140 if that helps

ammo sizing isnt an issue i have a site that supplies it all i ask is that its still made like 8 mm is ok as is 30-06 and so on but i cant find ammo for an 8x56r Steyr rifle and the 8mm lebel and 6mm carnaco are expensive rounds

Best Answer

I remember shootin an old 303 British when I was a kid,it was a bolt action gun,but I really cant remember the name or make or model of the gun.My dad bragged on the 303 alot for deer hunting .I aint seen one for along time

Most of the old military jobs are much more expensive than $ 110; I think I saw some long branch 303 enfields at J&G; and there are a few swiss 31s every once in a while. I doubt the government has a watch list for old thunderstick collectors; heck, if they can't find a birth certificate how could they find anything else anyway?

certain, AR-15s are very expensive and also you possibly wont locate a strong one for only $seven hundred. So thats outa the question. Like someone already suggested, M1 Garands are very strong rifles, yet those are alot more advantageous than any AR-15 ive considered. If i become you, id %. up any SKS, see you later as its in strong situation of direction. They shoot 7.62x39mm cartridges and are a blast to shoot becuase they have minimum balk and ammo is amazingly lower priced (you will get a container of 20rds for more advantageous or less $5 in maximum places). you would possibly want to have the ability to hit upon a strong SKS for $2 hundred-$three hundred ordinary. you could also personalize the hell outa it. i purchased mine 3yrs in the past for more advantageous or less $100 and fifty. except that, the Ruger 10/22 is a sturdy determination for plinking, in spite of the undeniable fact that that's a smaller round and not strong for far issues except small interest and some objective taking pictures.

Any of the old mausers would be good choices in calibers such as 6.5x55, 7x57 or 8x57. The better condition ones will bring more money than your limit but there will be some rougher condition ones that are still reliable and functional but just not so pretty that will fit your price range.

30-06 rifles)

1903 Springfield

M1 garand

Remington 700 CDL 30-06

.308 Rifles)

Springfield Armory M1A ( civilian m14 rifle)

Remington 700 CDL .308

a good 30-06 savage accutrigger or a used marlin lever gun in 35 on 30-30

If you could find a 30-06 that you can afford, get it. I just picked up an m-1903-a3 from ww2. (with a 6x scope) I love this thing.

price was 175

A German K98 Mauser is one of my favorites. I just picked another one up for $125. The 8mm round is hard hitting and acurate.

i dunno, another mosin and this time do whatever you want with it?

you can buy other surplus rifles, but ammo can be an issue.

one unusual choice would be a Chilean Mauser, this one is non-FFL!

http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/index.php?m...

but its $300 bucks.

you can probably get a well used Mauser for around $120. 8mm ammo is a bit pricey, but too much.

enfields are good