Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

Should I learn Spanish and French?

I'm 15 and I'm in Spanish 3,

I'm getting Rosetta stone for Spanish, but I want to learn French too.

So I was thinking of getting the French Rosetta stone too so I can learn French too. But is it a bad idea to learn two similar languages at the same time?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

I went to a bilingual school in Miami for elementary school, and half my day was taught in Spanish. Cumulatively I studied 7 years of Spanish. However, in middle school, I switched over to French, and took 3 years of French. French was a lot easier to learn once having a foundation in Spanish, but I often combined words and phrases. It resulted in what I refer to as Franglish- Spanish, French, English combo- Not GOOD! Now in college, I am reverting back to Spanish. Spanish is necessary to know. You'll have far more opportunities to utilize Spanish, it's a staple in our society. If you wish to learn French by all means go for it, but only after you fully comprehend Spanish, otherwise they'll mix! Bonne chance!

Source(s): years of foreign language study
  • kelsaw
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

If I had a buck for whenever any one requested this query I might be wealthy lol. Well I consider the nice alternative for you might be to study spanish on the grounds that as you acknowledged, your husband's loved ones lives in Colombia and It might be first-class when you might comunicate with them of their local language. So study spanish! It's the moment such a lot greatly spoken language on this planet!

• 9 years ago

If you live in Calif. go with Español, the way its going its gonna be a 'required' language in the next couple of years. Plus if you speak Spanish, French and Italian are going to be so much easier to grasp.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.