Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 9 years ago

do you think humans will ever walk on the sun?

i was just daydreamin and thinking today and i thouth about how crazy it was that a person has walked on the moon and mars. i was just wondering if u think a person will ever walk on the sun to? like i kno its realy hot but i am thinking if they went in the winter time when the sun is only like 30 degrees i bet they could do it.

141 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

NO...

Because you can't even enter sun atmosphere then how can you land on it..

• hayley10 months agoReport

What I think is ridiculous, is that people aren’t taking into account that the temperature of the sun doesn’t change depending on the time of the year, atmosphere or no. It’s simply not possible to survive temperatures like that.

• watt
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Walking On The Sun

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Ugh... Oh my God... Okay, let's just clear up some misinformation you seem to have acquired first: Human beings have never set foot on Mars, we've only sent robots there. Human beings have probably never been to the Moon either, but that's debatable. Secondly, seasons are not caused by temperature changes in the Sun, they have to do with the axial tilt of our planet as it orbits around the Sun. Since the Earth is "crooked", one hemisphere is always warmer and one is always colder, depending on which is closer to the Sun. The Sun's surface temperature averages at about 10,340 degrees Fahrenheit ALL YEAR ROUND.

Now let's answer your question. The answer you're looking for is: ABSOLUTELY NOT. This is because:

1. The Sun is not a solid object. It's made mostly of hydrogen and helium plasma with traces of heavier elements. You could not walk on it.

2. The Sun is unimaginably radioactive, and very hot. About 10,340 degrees on the surface, as mentioned above. But around the Sun there is also an energy field called the Corona that's temperature is in excess of 900,000 degrees! There is no known substance that wouldn't be vaporized by this kind of heat instantly.

3. For the sake of argument, let's say you had a ship and spacesuits that could take this heat and radiation, and you did have something to walk on at the Sun's surface. You'd still die. The Sun has about 330,000x the mass of the Earth, and thus has faaaaar stronger gravity. You'd be crushed to basically nothing by your own weight.

So, no, it is absolutely impossible to walk on the Sun. It can't happen, and it never will. No question. So I hope this helped answer your question.

• hayley10 months agoReport

I agree about humans actually landing on the moon being debatable. The flag waved in the video, when there’s no wind to affect the flag. It’s not logical

• 3 years ago

Of course,humans would walk on the sun soon. I mean, radiations, heat can never be a problem when you have strong heat and radiation resistant -suit and spaceship. And winter temperatures in the sun are around 30-degree celsius, probably, the right time to visit the sun. So what you can do is call NASA, and explain these details to them and ask them to make the mentioned suit and spaceship. They will definitely give you a job offer and send you on a mission to the Sun, with the suit and spaceship. Before that, they will salute you for your intelligence and knowledge regarding the mission. Always remember, they would be so impressed with your wisdom that, they can afford to make pretty costly sacrifices to do good for the planet.

• Rogue3 years agoReport

OK. 2 Things. One, you seem to have misunderstood the previous person. The Earth tilts, which means that when one half is warm, the other half is cold. The Sun s temperature stays the same constantly at c. 10k* Fahrenheit. You could never pull off landing on the Sun.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

this is funny. I mean a lot of people are sarcastic and stuff but some people take it seriously, but idk if the question is sarcastic.......so.....

The sun is a gas, which means u can't walk on it. In the future, maybe special suits will take the heat of the sun but right now...no.

The sun doesn't change temperature in winter, it stays the same all the time. if the sun was 30 degrees, bad stuff will happen on earth. When earth turns...think of it like this, a person is facing a light, when the person turns 180 degrees he or she should be facing away from da light. But the light does not change temperature

• 4 years ago

1. Nobody has stepped on mars

2. The sun is about... 140 Million Degress

3. There is no winter wonderland for the sun

4. Your a blonde

5. Go to kindergarten

6. Get a college degree

7. Talk a time machine and go to 2017

8. Work at Fazbear Fright

9. Let springtrap kill you

And 10. Get a guy in he an (or hell) and 69 with him

YOU'RE WELCOME BLONDIE

• 3 years ago

let's just clear up some misinformation you seem to have acquired first: Human beings have never set foot on Mars, we've only sent robots there. Human beings have probably never been to the Moon either, but that's debatable. Secondly, seasons are not caused by temperature changes in the Sun, they have to do with the axial tilt of our planet as it orbits around the Sun. Since the Earth is "crooked", one hemisphere is always warmer and one is always colder, depending on which is closer to the Sun. The Sun's surface temperature averages at about 10,340 degrees Fahrenheit ALL YEAR ROUND

• 6 years ago

Possible Answers

- Sun is not just a 30 degree ball of fire, it's more than 5505°C more than lava.

- The Sun has a strong magnetic field that would pull you forward like a dog biting a cat's tail in mere seconds.

- There's no such thing like "winter" in sun. It doesn't have any Night or Day cycle.

- This Question is a troll.

- There's no man or woman already had stepped in the depths of the planet Mars, they plan it in 2020 by NASA

- You'll get blinded by it, cause it's so bright, brighter than your fully charged flashlight or any other sources of light except other stars.

- It would take alot of years to get into sun.

That's all of the answers, also, stop trolling others, it's funny as heck, but we get the joke.

• 6 years ago

First of all girl, can I call you Blondie? I assume you must be blonde.

Second of all Blondie, don't listen to all of this hate. As a member of the intergalactic space initiative, I've been Mars twice, and really enjoy the gravity there. I can bench SOOOOO much more on mars than on Earth. I get wayyyy better workouts there.

Second of all, everyone knows that it's colder at night. The best time to walk on the sun is before sunrise. I've only ever done it once myself though....(It's very expensive to fly there...)

Third of all, I think you should know that minds like yours are what allow us to continue to grow as a society. People NEED to ask the hard hitting questions. Keep doing what you're doing!

• ?4 years agoReport

The sun isn't colder at night

• 3 years ago

A lot of answers talk about how humans will never be able to walk on the sun because of the heat, when really you would be warped out of existence long before you got to the surface of the sun because the sun has such intense gravity that time would distort as you approached it and you would eventually be kind of torn from existence.

• 4 years ago

Anyone who believes that walking on the sun is possible has the brain of a jellyfish (absolutely none). First of all there is the heat, which by the way does not decrease during winter. The sun is hot enough to incinerate you if you even get close to it. Then there is the gamma radiation, which will kill you. If you somehow get passed those two minor factors there are solar flares, which are massive releases of energy that will also kill you. And the fact that the sun is made of gases(mainly hydrogen and helium) makes it impossible to walk on it. Thanks for asking one of the most stupid questions ever asked.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.