why do we have to pray to God father in Jesus God name?

is not like praying two gods? even jesus commanded these words in the gospel of John according to him.. it was Jesus awared he was God and he was the father at the same time according to john Jesus said his Father and Him are one.. so contradictions? to pray to the Father God in the name of Gon son that is JESUS why?

I will choose to pray to Jesus only since he is God and man

Best Answer

Well i just pray to God there is nothing making me do it, it just feels nice feeling secure and looked after :)

• Paul

You are of course free to pray anyhow you choose but the reason Christians pray in Jesus' name is because Jesus said so:

John 16:23 In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

• mom

there is only one God. Jesus never said he was God. even the disciples knew that Jesus was the Son of Jehovah. no one has ever seen Jehovah but they seen Jesus Christ. when Jesus was baptized and came up from the water, Jehovah came down like a dove and said this is my Son the Beloved. how can Jesus be God and the Son of God, because that is not true. please read Matthew chapter 26 verse 39 My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me, never the less not as I will, but as you will. if the Father and the Son were not distinct individuals, such a prayer would have been meaningless. Jesus would have been praying to himself and his will would of necessity have been the Father's will

we are not praying to 2 Gods. we are praying to the father in the name of Jesus Christ.

• sue

The Bible says our sins separate us from communing with God. The serpent ( satan ) in the garden of Eden corrupted Gods creation . God provided a way to re-establish that relationship. In order to do that all sin committed against God as a result of the fall had to be dealt with. As all sin has a penalty.

God chose to restore us to himself by sending His Son as payment. His Sons blood was priceless and adequately made restitution for all repentant sinners.

It is by His Sons blood that we are reconciled to the Father. The Bible says that Christ Jesus is our mediator. AS He is our mediator we pray to God through the Son to acknowledge the grace giving bridge between heaven and earth. It is not a commandment to pray through Christ because Jesus said to pray to His father in heaven . It is an acknowledgment of The gift from the father . That is His own Son for our redemption.

Source(s): BIBLE... Gods plan 4 mankind JESUS 4 LIFE

Jesus is the only human to go into heaven.

He is not, was not God.

He told his disciples that his cousin John

was the greatest man born of woman.

Because he is the only man born

WITH SPIRIT.

Jesus received the Spirit at baptism.

He's like the new Archangel of light.

We will be the body of his army.

We pray to God in our brother's name.

• B F

There's only two God's but Three, the Holy Trinity. About using Jesus' name: Luke 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.

Acts 4:12

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Matthew 6:6

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:9

"This, then, is how you should pray: " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,

the completed concept is that Jesus and God are actually not a trinity and in John, Jesus says no person includes the daddy different than with the aid of me. 2 separate no longer one. i could extremely prefer to coach you extra of what the Bible extremely teaches, in basic terms e mail me and we can begin. JW

• Sam's

Jesus told his disciples that what ever they asked for in his name would be done. but we should always pray that God's will is done over our own.

• anon

no one can come to God except through Jesus