Sword smiths look here please?

ok i wana know if its possible to just try and harden a japanese sword its already been forged and etc (i bought it only) but i wana know if i could harden it like get it realy hot (not hot enough tho i dont have a forge) and then quench it in water and then heat it up again to till it is realy realy hot again and... show more ok i wana know if its possible to just try and harden a japanese sword its already been forged and etc (i bought it only) but i wana know if i could harden it like get it realy hot (not hot enough tho i dont have a forge) and then quench it in water and then heat it up again to till it is realy realy hot again and let it cool slowly?(im 15 keep that in mind i cant do much but i can do somethings) ive built my own knife but it broke because i hardend without tempering but if you could help me it would be apreciated
Update: the sword is just a musashi mass produced cheap 1045 steel katana i bought at trueswords.com its like 50$ or so that includes shipping
Update 2: <.< its in the anime section i know yahoo answers screwed it up i didnt mess with thte classification at all i apologise
1 answer 1