- 10 years agoFavorite Answer
If you are referring to Erik Johnson of the St. Louis Blues, then so far he hasn't been a bust. He came back from an entire year off to lead all Blues defencemen in goals, assists, and points as a 21 year old. Only Barret Jackman had more ice time for the Blues (and he's a former Calder winner himself).
- He was selected to the 2010 Olympic team.
- He finished 7th in Norris voting (the first Blues D-man in the top 10 since Pronger in 2003), and almost made the post-season all-star team.
He's young, and he's moved up the NHL's Central Scouting professonal rankings each year he has played.
He's a great young defense first defenseman, always has been. He's actually improved his offensive game immensely since he left the University of Minnesota.Source(s): Retired NHL scout (30+ years)
- VanillaFaceQLv 510 years ago
Him and Alex Pietrangelo will be an awesome pair on the D-line....reminiscent of Al Macinnis and Chris Pronger
- King of SlapShotLv 510 years ago
no he's not.