Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

What will the Vatican say next...............?

So far they've said that Britain has a new form of aggressive Atheists and is like a third world country and the Pope himself is comparing British Atheists to Nazis and is calling them extremists....... What els will he say next?

Favorite Answer

Wow! You can really twist the Pope's words around to sound bad.

Here is what the Pope really said:

Even in our own lifetime, we can recall how Britain and her leaders stood against a Nazi tyranny that wished to eradicate God from society and denied our common humanity to many, especially the Jews, who were thought unfit to live. I also recall the regime’s attitude to Christian pastors and religious who spoke the truth in love, opposed the Nazis and paid for that opposition with their lives.

As we reflect on the sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century, let us never forget how the exclusion of God, religion and virtue from public life leads ultimately to a truncated vision of man and of society and thus to a “reductive vision of the person and his destiny.”

Here is the entire address: http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/spe...

The Pope had just gone on to the next logical step after the Pagan Nazis. "The sobering lessons of the atheist extremism of the twentieth century" were from Atheistic Communism which killed many more people than the Nazis ever did.

The Pope was not comparing Atheist extremists to the Nazis, he was comparing them to the Atheistic Soviet Union and other communist regimes.

Are all Muslims offended when Muslim extremists are criticized?

Are all Christians offended when Christian extremists are criticized?

Why would all Atheists be offended when Atheist extremists are criticized?

With love in Christ.

The Vatican can say whatever it likes.

We here in the UK do not listen or care,most of us have no interest in religion,we are more interested in the X factor than the Pope,

If we do have a religion then it will not be Catholacism.

We are a Protestant nation,

Catholics are in a minority along with Muslims,both of the religions are outnumbered by Jedi knights and homosexuals,that sums up how much we care about the Pope and his rediculous antiquated views.

The Pope and his sycophantic collection of kiddy fiddlers has no influence on us,

The Queen is head of the Christian church here.

• Dan

I worry, to be honest.

I sat last evening and thought a great deal about this. I kept asking the question "What Would Jesus Do"?

Although I regret it dearly, my mind keeps running to the same conclusion that the Pope isn't a fair or proper representation of Jesus Christ.

My heart goes out to my brothers and sisters there is Britain. I hope and pray they can rise above this and find forgiveness in their hearts.

He'll probably say that the reason why he himself did not alert police authorities about the sexual abuse problems in his church was because the atheists and secularists would condemn the Catholic Church and give it a bad image. So you see, it's our (secularists) fault that he couldn't come forward and was forced to cover up the allegations. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ever used or implied something along these lines.

The media has taken things a bit out of context and exaggerated it. I hate the pope, but we don't need to exaggerate his wrongdoings to show what a disgusting person he is.

Well, The Pope has a pretty good comparison to Nazi's considering he used to belong to the Nazi party. He's probably complimenting the British if he called them Nazi's.

popish (childish, devilish) ppl say the damndest things;

which is why we are told: "be no more children", since

- God said let us make MAN (of babe/child/man)

- His Christ is the head of every MAN

- every MAN presseth into the KofG

- blessedness of MAN doesn't impute sin

- a MAN puts away childish things (laws)

• Next, he'll pass around the donation basket, of course.....

Bill cosby: kids say the darnest things :)

sry, this just reminds me of the White Album.

"It's the POPE!!! It's the POPE!!!"