Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 10 years ago

Why are women throwing acid in other women's faces?

Read a couple news stories that took place within the last month of random women having acid thrown in their face by other women.

Is it jealousy?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/04/arizona-woman...

Favorite Answer

I don't know, but its scary. Great, now we all have to watch our for crazy b*tches who want to throw acid in our faces. The only reason I can think of, is that they're sick in the head. I don't think I could EVER throw freaking acid into someone's face even if I hated them, let alone if I didn't even know them. Only crazies can do that.

This is just the act of a couple of disturbed individuals. Why did the women use acid? Probably because women are less likely to be confrontational in terms of going up to another individual and punching her in the face. So, the less direct attack of throwing something.

I work with this stuff on a semi-regular basis. I know how painful it is to have one drop on the skin...let alone a cupful of it. It was probably not the fully concentrated acid at 37% which would basically burn the skin off the skull. I'd guess it was commercial grade toilet cleaner (hydrochloric acid) which is 5-10%.

EDIT: The Washington state victim was self inflicted. Just saw it on CNN.com

No, this is more than a simple case of jealousy. Whomever would do this is a disturbed, psychotic individual. A normal person would never do this, no matter how jealous they may be.

Anyway, there are serious doubts about the Vancouver woman's story, indicating that she may have actually harmed herself for attention and sympathy. This is a symptom of Munchausen's and is certainly possible if you read more about the story and the facts surrounding it.

i think it is awful,

any random act is criminal but particularly heinous

sometimes i have heard of people cutting someones face.

i hope all the perpetrators of such crimes be them male or female are caught and brought to justice

this was a act by a man

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1221077/...

katie piper was a victim she is a brave speaker now against this kind of violence and more recently i have seen her after this article and she looks well and it makes a person feel humble after reading the article

Source(s): the daily mail

The acid to the face assault seems to have become popular among woman-to-woman assaulters and among internet stalker-attackers.

Perhaps because it is less brutal than stabbing or shooting, it feels easier to do. Also, it goes for the face and ruins their "pretty looks", so it's literally adding insult to injury.

Oh sorry to burst your bubbles guys, but men do this to women too.

Actually it has become quite puppular for males to throw acid onto females face in places such as Sri Lanka and what not.

• S

I don't know, but it's awful. I hope all those women who did that get caught and brought to justice.

That, coupled with a lot of pent up anger!

Wow that's pretty messed up, possibly.

I guess women can be aggressive and violent.