Changed my xbox 360 resolution now screen is black...?

I upped my resolution on my 360 (am using vga input to my insignia 22 inch tv) and it was working completely fine unitl i tried upping the next resolution then my tv went black and says it cant support that input, ive tried the whole reset ur xbox thing a million times as well as the hold the "y" and right trigger thing but nothing seems to work. the only option i appear to have left is to do it "blind" in you know what i mean, so my question is some could someone tell me how many times to press up or over on the d-pad to get to this setting and change to a lower resolution since i cant physically see my screen? lots of detail please, im completely blind haha, thanks.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If your TV has any HDMI ports (and you have a relatively recent XBOX) and supports 1080p or 720p resolutions, use an HDMI cable. The settings will be automatically calibrated. The XBOX VGA adapter is not completely compatible with most TVs.

• 9 years ago

Try completely powering off your 360, and plugging the cable in, then see if it automatically goes to 480p, then select your resolution from there.

• 4 years ago

Run it at the highest your xbox will let you. If you don't have a 1080p compatible tv you won't get the choice. Just go to console settings in the system blade and pick the highest one not greyed out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.