Taylor Swift ... Lesbian!?!?

Hahha, okay this is probably a stupid question, but I turned on the radio and it was Taylor Swift. She was singing a song that was like "I fell in love with a careful fathers careful daughter ... your the best thing that ever happened to me." Is she a lesbian now or something, or is she singing what a guy said? LOL (i don't listen to her anymore so idk!) =)

Favorite Answer

You're kidding, right? This is a girl who comes from the conservative South and was raised in a Baptist family in a music industry which is not highly accepting of gays and lesbians. I don't think you were listening to the song very closely. If it helps, watch the music video because it does a nice job of putting it into story context.

Next thing I know, I'll see questions about why she's so "funny looking" when in truth her makeup artists put on too much of that damn black crap around her eyes.

The song is about two people who have been together for a long time. The chorus goes "Do you remember we were sitting there by the water/You put your arm around me/For the first time/You made a rebel of a careless mans careful daughter/You are the best thing/That's ever been mine" The last chorus changes to her singing about what a boys says to her, the boys says "I fell in love with a careless mans careful daughter." It's her singing about what he said, so no, she's not =] x

The lyrics actually go "You fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter, you are the best thing that's ever been mine". So she's saying that she is the careless man's careful daughter, and the guy fell in love with her , and that he is the best thing she has ever had. So she's not saying she's lesbian, hope this clears up your confusion :D

No. She isn't lesbian. The song is called "Mine" and she's quoting what her Bf said to her: I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter

I have always thought she was lesbian and all the songs about heartbreak (with boyfriends for 2 weeks) was just a publicity stunt. As others have mentioned here, she is from the Bible belt, which is known for double-lifes with all the closet gays/lesbians and high rate of teenage pregnancies. I hope she finds peace and gets herself a nice girlfriend.

Yeah it is, you should google the lyrics.

[You said "I remember how we felt sitting by the water

And every time I look at you it's like the first time

I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter

She is the best thing that's ever been mine."]

She can't sing but she she does write her music. And if she said that, I'm sure that is kinda a lesbian thing. But she is straight so I don't get it much :/

OMG she's such a "rebel" ..watch out, future shlut in the making!

she was quoting what the guy she like was saying, you aren't reading it in it's full context.

she was quoting her bf, who was saying, " I fell in love with a careless father's careful daughter".

she's not gay. dream on.

i hope so ;) but katy perry sang 'i kissed a girl and i liked it' she claims she didnt kiss any girls and she is very obviously straight. songs can have different meanings.