blank
blank asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 9 years ago

Is it safe to drink apple cider that has been left out for 12 hours?

My husband can't seem to put back food and drinks into the fridge.

I knew the pizza and creamer wouldn't be good anymore but what about Apple Cider? I think I'm goig to stay away from it since I'm pregnant and my young kids as well but the husband was the one who wanted to buy it in the first place.

Thanks! Hubby will be glad to hear he didn't waste one thing he left out :) Cap was on!

Best Answer

If it has been pasteurized, no problem. If it's fresh cider, it may have begun to ferment - which will alter the taste. After only one day, it would not be unsafe for you or your kids, but the little ones probably wouldn't care for the taste. You and hubby might just find the flavor appealing - and again, after only one day, there won't be enough alcohol in it to endanger anyone. All's you can do is taste it and see whether you want to use it up or throw it out.

Cider's fine if left out of the fridge if it had the lid on. If the lid is off then the fizz will have gone out of it, it's still safe to drink but it won't taste as nice.

Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits : http://AppleCiderVinegar.siopu.com/?DPt

i reckon it would definitely be safe, lol

Yeah it will be fine :)