How to increase disc space on my older computer?

Hi, please bear with me on this as I am a pensioner and not very IT savy. I have just bought video to pc kit to transfer old family VHS tapes to the pc/dvd for preservation as I have heard VHS tape can deteriorate after 15 years. The instructions say I need 20GB hard drive space to operate it. My computer is quite... show more Hi, please bear with me on this as I am a pensioner and not very IT savy. I have just bought video to pc kit to transfer old family VHS tapes to the pc/dvd for preservation as I have heard VHS tape can deteriorate after 15 years. The instructions say I need 20GB hard drive space to operate it. My computer is quite old, about 6 years and operates XP. I have looked in My Computer at the C drive and it says I only have 15.9GB of 37.2GB left. I know 37.2 is small by modern standards. Is there anything I can save on to get the 20Gb needed. or can I buy something (not a new pc please) which will expand it. The only 2 things of any real size are Windows 6GB and Programme Files 4GB. Thanks, John
7 answers 7