How long have you been driving the same vehicle?

I have been driving the same Chevy truck for over a decade. It's falling apart, but gets me from A to B... if B isn't too far away. Is it normal to drive a vehicle for that long?

Other details:

I have to roll down the window to get out (no inside handle), wipers don't work so driving in the rain is dangerous. +200K miles. Check engine light has been on for 7 years now. It got the side crushed in by a forklift. I can't shut the driver side door without my "door tool".

I test drove another truck the other day and it felt like I just cheated on my wife.

• Mrs H
    Favorite Answer

15 years with a Chevy Caprice.

Has almost 600,000 miles. My goal is

to have it restored.

lol, that reminds me of me. I like STS's

and if I fuss about one when I'm driving,I

apologize to the car

• I drove a Chevy Impala for 3 years and am now driving a 2010 Honda Civic...it hasn't even been a month though.

I've been driving my car for 1 month it's new.

& Yes it's normal my dad still has an 18 year old Honda Civic and it runs great. That's why all our cars are Honda's.

Bought it in January 2005 and moved in here March 20, same year. My other car had been stolen and couldn't get a new one until my sister died and got 50,000 from her (no she didn't save it---my mom gave it to her). But had to wait for her to die of alcohol poisoning to get my share of what she had conned my mom to give her. { She was too sick to spend it and in a group home when my brother was in charge of her money---I know you were wondering)

Good night, I'm tired!

its bound to fall apart as long as the major components are still functional.

me- honda accord 98. its a dirty piece of crap that always sounds sick but isn't. Not exactly a chick magnet either.

Since I was 6, my red shiny bicycle a present for my 6th brithday...11years!!!

Six years crossed.

• 1977

I've had my 96 bmw for three years now.