How long have you been driving the same vehicle?

I have been driving the same Chevy truck for over a decade. It's falling apart, but gets me from A to B... if B isn't too far away. Is it normal to drive a vehicle for that long?

Update:

Other details:

I have to roll down the window to get out (no inside handle), wipers don't work so driving in the rain is dangerous. +200K miles. Check engine light has been on for 7 years now. It got the side crushed in by a forklift. I can't shut the driver side door without my "door tool".

I test drove another truck the other day and it felt like I just cheated on my wife.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Mrs H
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

15 years with a Chevy Caprice.

Has almost 600,000 miles. My goal is

to have it restored.

lol, that reminds me of me. I like STS's

and if I fuss about one when I'm driving,I

apologize to the car

• I drove a Chevy Impala for 3 years and am now driving a 2010 Honda Civic...it hasn't even been a month though.

• 9 years ago

I've been driving my car for 1 month it's new.

& Yes it's normal my dad still has an 18 year old Honda Civic and it runs great. That's why all our cars are Honda's.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Bought it in January 2005 and moved in here March 20, same year. My other car had been stolen and couldn't get a new one until my sister died and got 50,000 from her (no she didn't save it---my mom gave it to her). But had to wait for her to die of alcohol poisoning to get my share of what she had conned my mom to give her. { She was too sick to spend it and in a group home when my brother was in charge of her money---I know you were wondering)

Good night, I'm tired!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

its bound to fall apart as long as the major components are still functional.

me- honda accord 98. its a dirty piece of crap that always sounds sick but isn't. Not exactly a chick magnet either.

• 9 years ago

Since I was 6, my red shiny bicycle a present for my 6th brithday...11years!!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Six years crossed.

Lv 4
    9 years ago

I've had my 96 bmw for three years now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.