Whatever happened to Mara Wilson?

She was so cute and did an awesome job in Matilda as well as all her other movies. She could have been a great actress in Hollywood. Does anyone know what ever happened to her? It seems like she disappeared off the face of the planet.

• george
    Favorite Answer

Most child stars don't make it as adult actors.

But in Mara's case, it appears that she hasn't really tried to maintain an acting career. She has just focused on school, graduating from college (NYU) recently. She seems somewhat embarrassed by her early fame.

You can read her own words about it here: http://nyulocal.com/on-campus/2009/01/19/mara-wils...

• Robin

She.is a 2009 graduate of New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. In an interview she stated that she does not want to be a celebrity, although she did add that she was considering doing a small film, just not mainstream.

I don't know, but I want to know. I think she grew up and lost interest, that happens sometimes to child actors who grow up in the movie industry

maybe she lost intrest and stopped making movies.