Help getting rid of double spacing on Wordpad!?

I tried clicking ctrl+1 and it did nothing. I have a Dell Computer and yeah...not to sure how to fix this. PLEASE HELP

Favorite Answer

i am having the SAME problem right now!!!!! logged on here to see an answer!!!

i started this document an hour ago. and here i am.. it's almost 7:00...And i am

STILL trying to figure out HOW to get rid of the darn double space!! Lol.

yesterday it was the "ribbon" that would not disappear.

i think i will stick to just answering my e-mail.. lol...

hope we BOTH find a solution...

good luck!!

HEY ANGELIC FLO I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!!

**********************************************************************There should be an icon in the toolbar at the top of the window that has a pair of arrows pointing up and down. Click on it and it should popup a list of line spacings plus another option called "Add 10pt space after paragraphs". Turn off that option and it should get rid of the excess space.

**********************************************************************

let me know if it works!! IT JUST WORKED FOR ME ! again! GOOD LUCK !!!

• TREX3 years agoReport

Ok, I got it to work on an existing and new document. And you must remove the checkmark for 1.0 ct between paragraphs. It will then change the doc to single spacing. Who the hell ever designed this is a nutso ! LOL

Did you copy the content from Word Document? If yes, you have to highlight the content on your Word Document and change the format to single spacing under Format>Paragraph>Line Spacing. Then copy back the content to Wordpad.

In my WordPad I highlight the text then Click on Line Spacing and click on 1.0 THEN I take out "add 10pt space after paragraphs." Nothing seems to happen until I take out the "add 10pt space after paragraphs."

Having been sent to just about everywhere by the experts all to no avail. the answer is simplistic.! put up word , and you will see on the bottom line FONT,PARAGRAPH, STYLE. go to STILE, and to the far right and there is a minute insignificant little box click on it and a drop down list appears. and wallah there is the magic word "no spacing" click on it, job done done !

Source(s): Amateur Peter. uk