history help please thnka?
Your Open QuestionShow me another »
History help please???? US history?
1. prior to 1850 what was the main reason the north developed an economyions increasingly based on manufacturing while the south continued to rely on an economy based on agriculture?
a. protective tariffs applied only to nothern seaports.
b. geographics conditions supported different types of economic activity.
c. slavery in the north promoted rapid economic growth
d. manufacturers failed to make a profit in the south.
2. THe declaration of sentiments adopted during the seneca falls convention in 1848 is most closely associated with the rights of?
b enslaved persons.
c.native american indians.
3. in the late 1800s the creation of the standard oil trust by john d rockefeller was inteded to?
a. Protect small independent oil firms.
b. controol prices and practies in the oil refining business.
c. increase compeition among oil refining companies.
d. distribut donations to charitable causes.
4. passage of the dawes act of 1887 affected native american indians by?
a. supporting their culturals traditions
b.attempting to assimilate them into mainstreaming american culture
c.forcing their removal from areas east of the misssissippi river.
d. starting a series of indian war on the great plains
5/ THe changes in american agriculture during the late 1800s led farmers to?
a. grow fewer cash crops for export
b.request an end to agricultural tarriffs
c.demand a reduced role for government in agiculture
d. become more dependent on banks and railroads.
6. the supreme court cases of wabash, stlouis and pacific rr v illnoise (1886) and us v ec knight co. (1895) were based on laws that were intended to?
a. limit the power of big business
b. support famers efforts to increase the money supply
c, mantian a laissez faire approach to the economy
d. improve working conditions for immigrants.
7. the spanish american war ((1898) marked the turning point in the us foreign policy because the us?
a. developed a plan for peaceful coexistence
b. emerged as a major world power.
c.pledged neutrality in future european conflits
d. refused to become a colinial power
3 hours ago - 4 days left to answer.
- MagsLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
So you've asked this question and no one answered - finding the answers online is actually pretty easy but they require reading.
1) b - The standardized cotton gin and the right climate caused a growth of Southern slavery
2) d - Did you really think that most people were concerned with the Rights of Native Americans? That would have been honorable but it is not part of the white heritage.
You could and should do this yourself. The purpose of being in school is not to move through and get out, it is to help you learn, to provoke you to learn how to expand your knowledge and horizons. It is to help you think.
If you are going to post questions, please check the spelling and the cutting and pasting. Eventually you may have to do this on a job and that is not going to make a god impression.
I realize that this is history and it is over but the fact is this is people and their decisions and motivations, that is not just history it is the present and the future.
By the way, this question could be put into a few categories but "other relationships" would not be the choice of most of us.