Annoying ads called Ad Feedback just started appearing on my Yahoo home page. I am NOT happy.?

These ads appear right below my E-mail inbox. There doesn't seem to be an edit button or anyway to remove them. I don't want to be solicited with ads on my home page- I get enough of that crap everywhere else. Any help would be appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Download Simple Ad Block at http://simple-adblock.com/ - problem solved!

• Susan5 years agoReport

Well. . .is it free? Or does it entail yet more money to spend?

Yes, I'm getting the same thing, what crap. Makes the Yahoo page unusable for me. One option is this with Firefox -- right click on ad, select block this content. The window area will still appear but at least will be blank.

Apparently, even though they make you go through the motions of "opting out," it's a waste of time. I've written to them, and here is their reply:

******My Yahoo! is made available in part by the advertising that you view while using our site. While it is our utmost goal to choose ads that would be pleasing to all our users, we understand this may not be thecase at all times and apologize if these advertisements disrupted your experience with us.

As a valued My Yahoo! user, we appreciate that you have taken the time to contact us. Our Product Team is intently reviewing all feedback received which helps us to improve our products and services to better serve you.

To provide additional advertisement feedback in the future, please clickon the "Ad Feedback" link at the bottom of the specific ad you are viewing.******

Goodbye Yahoo.

• Olga6 years agoReport

Get rid of feedback as they are very annoying.
      Seriously consider opting out of yahoo.

These ads are VERY annoying but there seems to be no way to get rid of them. You would think Yahoo made enough money off of us that they didn't have to ruin our My yahoo experience!

I feel the same about these adds. They are so annoying and I just don't want to see them. Why can't these just be deleted or more to the point not appear in the first place!

I'm going to get another homepage, too. When I first saw this crap, I clicked on options, and clicked on "opt out" and it didn't work. Goodbye Yahoo! Yuck!!

I started getting this too. it takes up way too much space and messes up my layout. they need to get rid of it or i'm finding a new home page/email.

Just another way to intrude on our privacy and right not to be abused or solicited. We CAN'T delete them! We CAN'T mark them as spam! I am looking into another service.

I agree...I can't wait to hear how to get rid of this annoyance.

I do not get the full screen thanks to these idiotic ads. If I need something in the

department I can google, bing or search, but this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!