why does Jennifer hawkins get criticised so much?

are people that jealous

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    A small part of it maybe tall poppy syndrome or jealousy but largely I think the backlash has come after the Marie Clare was it? report that came and did the whole "I'm doing this go natural thing because I want to show people that I'm not perfect" and "I'm a representation of (all) women" (or at least these were the implications)

    a) Jennifer Hawkins is a MODEL - she is tall and skinny like all models (1.8 m and 54 kg, making her just underweight according to the BMI) maybe she isn't perfect but compare her to the other women out there and most of them will never be models, nor have her resources like make up etc. What's the tag line? 3 billion women and only 8 of them are supermodels?

    b) She is a model and she's paid to model so modelling for a magazine no big deal for her, it's her job! It kind of came across like she was doing people a favour and it got up a few people's noses.

    c) She isn't representative. Yes she represents a small number of women, and good for her doing that, but she represents maybe 5% of all women and the article at least made it out that she was representative of all women. The other 95% don't want to be represented by someone nothing like them, and it makes it tough on the women she does represent who are now tagged "too thin models"...

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It is the Tall Poppy syndrome, everyone who succeeds in Australia cops it for some reason , i think Jennifer is a beautiful girl who is very intelligent and she works very hard for her money

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Because she's in no way the most beautiful woman in the universe. I see prettier girls than her walking down the street every day. It's a joke.

  • 1 decade ago

    i think because of that dress malfunction

    hugs

    xxxx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.