Does breastfeeding cause false negatives on pregnancy tests?

I am breastfeeding my 6 month old daughter and my period is a few days late. At the begining of the month I had a little brownish spotting (only when I wiped)-- I had that on the 3rd. I took a pregnancy test the day I expected my period (the 12th of Sept) and it came out negative. Could breastfeeding cause a false negative or did I test too soon, or do you think I'm just not pregnant? Thanks.

"I don't know the answer only a board certified gynocologist woule. However breastfeeding is disgusting, especially if done in public, it gives a very poor social image of the mother, it destroys the mothers figure, it makes ugly fat babies and anyone seen doing it should have a sin around her neck ie Nancys, Dairy Farm!"

I would gladly wear a sign around my neck saying "Dairy Farm" if it was for my daughter. I really don't care what your opinion is on breastfeeding, or anything else for that matter. I do what is best for my baby and i do it WHEN and WHERE i need to. If anyone has a problem with it they can complain all they want, i'm not changing.

Best Answer

No but while breastfeeding it can be hard to figure out when you are ovulating if you do so you may be testing to soon. I was told any time you aren't sure when you ovulated you should wait atleast 2 weeks from last sex date to test. If you had sex multiple times then it will be hard to tell when you could have gotten pregnant since you are breastfeeding. I would wait a week and retest.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I am breastfeeding my 6 month old daughter and my period is a few days late. At the begining of the month I had a little brownish spotting (only when I wiped)-- I had that on the 3rd. I took a pregnancy test the day I expected my period (the 12th of Sept) and it came out negative. Could...

Source(s): breastfeeding false negatives pregnancy tests: https://biturl.im/T4MEh
  • Heidi

I would get another test. Although there are hormonal changes involved in breastfeeding, HCG is the hormone detected in the pregnancy test. This hormone would be present in the same amount whether you were breastfeeding or not. So breastfeeding would not make you have a false positive.

no breastfeeding can not cause any kind of effects on a preg test..the hormone levels in your body in your urine and blood, that is where it would show up not in breast milk.

no