I need to know my taste in books - genres and authors. Help please ..?

Hello everyone :) I don't do much reading, and it's been bothering me for a while now. I would really like to get into it. I'd LOVE to read books about the things I like, or maybe in my hobbies. I would also like to start reading novels. However, this is a deep sea which I need to know where and how... show more Hello everyone :)

I don't do much reading, and it's been bothering me for a while now. I would really like to get into it. I'd LOVE to read books about the things I like, or maybe in my hobbies. I would also like to start reading novels. However, this is a deep sea which I need to know where and how to swim in.

So here's where you come. I need you to either advise me as to where to go or what to do to learn more about my own taste in genres and authors to get my self started. And if there isn't such a thing, and I actually need to go round this in the classic trial and error method, then I need you to suggest some good names in every good genre you know. I'm open to anything from Romance to Thriller (whatever that means in the world of books).

I've never really read anything in my life. Well not enough from one book to say I know what it's about. I use the internet both for entertainment and education. The exception being three or four of Cecelia Ahern's books which didn't really meet my taste, despite the author's brilliant writing.

Also, would you happen to know any good websites for free e-books downloading .. ?

Many many thanks in advance

Good day,
Update: @ Joss: Thanks for taking the time. That's the problem I'm not all that much into movies because they don't stay long enough in my life for me to get attached to. Hence, the move to written fiction :) --- the Bourne trilogy is probably some the best TV I've seen ever ! ... However if you insist that... show more @ Joss: Thanks for taking the time. That's the problem I'm not all that much into movies because they don't stay long enough in my life for me to get attached to. Hence, the move to written fiction :) --- the Bourne trilogy is probably some the best TV I've seen ever ! ... However if you insist that I specify a genre, I'll go for Romance.