Dale Earnhardt Jr: Is Junior still universally thought of as the greatest active driver in NASCAR?

I mean come on, the race on Satruday night showed nothing except for Jr 3 laps down stuck between Travis Kvapil and David Gilland, I guess the media still thinks the need to "spin" Junior as the best driver ever?

Best Answer

Dale Jr has never been thought of the best driver.

most popular yes! thanks you junior nation but not best

Source(s): amp-up-the-88

His dad was considered one of the greatest ever! Not him. Some of the popularity comes from people voting him as most popular when in reality of the Hendricks team, I personally think he is the worst. And everyone obviously knows it. His is the car that they use as a "test car" for the better driver's like Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson because no one can really depend on him to place well. Mark Martin is okay, I mean he's defiantly had his time in the spot light, but not so much now. Sorry Junior Nation, but its time to face the facts, he's just not as good as he used to be, and I don't think he'll ever be considered one of the best divers in NASCAR unless he steps up his game, a lot!

sure, yet no longer purely because of the fact of who his dad replaced into. I see Jr as between the final Southern hyperlink to racing. I advise, shall we glance at it: Jimmie Johnson-California, Jeff Gordon-California, Tony Stewart- Indiana, Busch brothers- Nevada, Carl Edwards-Missouri, Wallace boys-Missouri, Juan Pablo Montoya- Colombia, Kasey Kane- Washington state Jr is conserving the Southern racing custom going sturdy. and look on the history that he consists of on his shoulders. a 0.33 technology driving force. His call is that of Nascar historic previous.

• Hootie

Can you understand the difference between "greatest" and "most popular"? Dale Jr. has been named the "Most Popular Driver" in NASCAR. No one has EVER said that he was or is the greatest driver in NASCAR. Do you need any further explanation?

I think Dale Jr is often voted most popular driver but not the best I think current drivers it would be JJ #48 as greatest at this time .

You have no idea what your talking about, do you!

The media watches JR. because the fan's have voted him the "Most Popular" driver the last half a decade. End of story.

You must not keep up with NASCAR. Jr. has NEVER been thought of the greatest active driver, ever. Take it from me and I love Jr! Jr. has always been a fan favorite because of his dad. People will always cheer for him.

"Still"? Try "never." Even the Earnhardt-family-obsessed media doesn't spin him as a great driver...though they would love nothing better than if he turned out to be a great one.

Not gonna happen.

• Matt

He was never portrayed as the best active driver except in like 2004 maybe.

• JohnF

Can tell you one thing, this PEOPLE will never be a fan of this character..I am a Nascar fan, admire drivers with ambition, fearless, strong will to win...screw the sissy attitude of being a courteous driver..I had a famous daddy with a great front bumper...sickening...