Hey RPG BUFF's and KNOWITALLS! I'm trying to find the name of this game plz help, Playstation 1?

I can only give a description of a scene in the game that has stuck with me for years: The main character is by himself brooding(go figure) at the very top of a floating city/fortress. The area is outside, in a garden type area with paths. I want to say a pavilion at the very top of the area . Some very nice,... show more I can only give a description of a scene in the game that has stuck with me for years:

The main character is by himself brooding(go figure) at the very top of a floating city/fortress. The area is outside, in a garden type area with paths. I want to say a pavilion at the very top of the area . Some very nice, soft music is playing. A girl, possibly his love interest, goes outside/up top to check on him. After a lengthy talk they go back downstairs/inside.
KEY-POINTS: Floating City/Fortress/Airship. Protagonist is by himself at the very top outside area. Area is a garden type place with possibly a pavilion. A girl comes to talk to him. Soft heartfelt music. Playstation 1 game, it might be xbox but I doubt it.

I really like the song that was playing during the scene! Stirs some nostalgia lol. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
Update: No sir, it definitely wasn't a FF game. The sprites were smaller. Thank you tho!
Update 2: Once again, it was not Final Fantasy 8. The sprites were small, ala Final Fantasy Tactics style. It wasn't FF Tactics either ::P
Update 3: It wasn't a Final Fantasy. Plz expand your horizons/guess people.