My pet turtle refuses to come out of his shell?

What's the point of even having him if he outright refuses to come out and play? The only time he ever comes out is to eat... and he barely even does that! My friend suggested that I should buy him a tiny little top hat and when he DOES come out of his shell I should grab him really fast and superglue the... show more What's the point of even having him if he outright refuses to come out and play? The only time he ever comes out is to eat... and he barely even does that!

My friend suggested that I should buy him a tiny little top hat and when he DOES come out of his shell I should grab him really fast and superglue the hat to his head. That way he won't be able to tuck himself back into his shell AND he'll look 150% cuter.

Could this method cause any harm to my turtle? Would the glue be toxic to him in any way?